• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Your first driving experience (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
Dumsum said:
People should indicate left to exit roundabout, but only at the appropiate time, as with all other indicating situations. Watch their wheels, best way to know where they're headed.
That didn't work in my 2 laned situation where the guy looked like he was heading towards the left exit, but was only heading into the outer LANE

Jiga

^

Lol nice graphic.

Its understandable why he did that, thats an unusually large roundabout... similar to one that use to be at I think it was Miranda, which they got rid of and replaced with lights because it was dangerous. It was an error though he shouldnt have made, something you would expect from a Learner driver. The thing to remember is for anyone, when in doubt you just take the left lane... that way you can go straight or exit the roundabout early!

Last edited by a moderator:

klh

HSC
my first was in a toyota corona manual and just doing a few turns, uturns and steady driving in a small street and so Im being a bit cocky and i go faster. So my dad tells me i should go on a hill where there is a roundabout. Suffice to say, I stalled the car, though thankfully the poeple at the back didnt horn me, and i smoked the tires before I evetually moved through teh roundabout.

Oh i also remember driving at teh front of my high school and i stalled the car on a hill and the car was reversing for a few metres before i hitchd up the handbrake, scared the hell out of me as i didnt knwo what to do, but luckily no car was behind us.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
First time i ever drove was on the skid pan at Oran Park. I did ok, but i'd be worried if i didnt go ok. its just a massive strip of bitumen with a big circle at the end. nothing to hit, and i was in an automatic.

Actually, that is the very same spot i learnt to drive manual when i got my greens. I tried to start off in third, kept stalling and cried.

Meistro

HSC
N/A
Acted a total fool. So the driving instructor drove up. Got out of the car. Introduced her self. Politely told me to get in. I jumped behind the drivers seat, laughed maniacally, turned on engine, gripped wheel and tried to accelerate and drive off without checking mirror, putting on seatbelt, unleashing handbrake...or waiting for the driving instructor to be fully seated in the car. Um.. i was excited.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i remember the first time i drove with a driving instructor. i'd had my Ls for about 8 months so i was confident. he picked me up from school and we drove around. everything went good until he asked me to do a 3 point turn in this street. when i was doing the reversing bit, i went a little too fast coz i wasnt used to any accelerator but my own car, and yeah i almost hit the gutter and he hit my leg. :| . i was like "um ok.. i can deal with it. just forget about it" THEN HE HIT ME AGAIN when i didnt stop completely at a stop sign. *shudder*.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Meistro said:
Acted a total fool. So the driving instructor drove up. Got out of the car. Introduced her self. Politely told me to get in. I jumped behind the drivers seat, laughed maniacally, turned on engine, gripped wheel and tried to accelerate and drive off without checking mirror, putting on seatbelt, unleashing handbrake...or waiting for the driving instructor to be fully seated in the car. Um.. i was excited.
lol.

Skeeta

HSC
i almost ran over a dude on a bike

it was pretty hectic

HSC
haha i used to have this really bad habit of driving too far over to the left, i nearly knocked a newspaper out of this old dude who was walking along's hand. i looked in the rearview mirror and he looked like he just about shit his pants.

HSC
Skeeta said:
i almost ran over a dude on a bike

it was pretty hectic
hahaha speaking of running people over, i almost ran over a man the other day. as i approached the lights it turned into a red, right? 5 seconds later the light for the left turn turned green and just as I was about to accelerate abit and turn left, some man decided to cross the road not knowing that it was a green for me. Boy, that was a close one. Boy, that was a close one.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhaha!!!

(at Katie)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)