Your languages (1 Viewer)

programatic

HSC
It has became an instant hit in my class. During our lessons we just sit around torrenting music and listening to it :).
Haha, thats ridiculous that you can torrent at school.

We 'learnt'(really taught ourselves) actionscript 3 with flash. As for at home I've used C++/Java/SQL/Perl/ Lisp/Ruby/C# but I only really focus on Php/Python.

nickmh

HSC
VB6 for the course. I know mostly web programming languages other then that

xzane

HSC
We Started with pascal but since then we have also have done Java and c++ programming. I think im going to stick to c++ for the rest of the HSC

xzane

HSC
Yeah all the Threads in the SDD forum are dead.

SK2010

HSC
omg a girl that did SDD!!!!!!!, :eek:
anyways in class we use BASIC languages mostly: VisualBasic 6, DarkBASIC so on...
but out of class in doin C++ and i just got a book on Java.
OMG chill out, I'm the only girl in the software class at my school so lol:music:and btw i am not a nerd!!! i'm just like computer subjects better than cooking and i like art by my parents say that its not going to get me anywhere so i opt for computer subjects oh and the best part is that i get to be in an air con room rather than a hot sticky kicthen room lol quote: 'livin the life'

SK2010

HSC
AND BTW I was using VB but i hated it so much cause it keps giving me errors, then one day this guys comes up and says "use C sharp" and now I am happy la la la :party::haha::party:

poisonthemon

HSC
Python in high school. Now I'm in 4th year of uni (no idea why I'm on BoS right now) and have done
  • C/C++
  • C#
  • Java/RT-Java
  • JavaFX
  • Ada
  • x86 ASM
  • SPARC ASM
  • Ruby/Rails
  • PHP
  • And finally, Haskell

But if you want my honest opinion, it's not the languages you have to understand, if you understand the paradigms it's dead simple to pick up a new one, what you need to understand is the motivations behind each one and picking the right tool for the job. There is no way in hell you would use PHP to do anything that needs to be fast, nor would you go the other way and create a new 3000 line C server app where a rails deployment with only 200 custom lines would do you fine.

Last edited:

DavidWen

HSC
I use Chinese, Mandarin to be exact.
Kidding. Visual Basic.Net

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)