Your Major Work (1 Viewer)

roo

HSC
hey i know how ya feel, i did an all-nighter on tuesday because I had english modules and business.. the littlest noise in the exam room gave me the biggest headache grr.

i only found my related texts for the truth on the morning of our exams tee hee.. i found some old notes on the movie wag the dog and then made up some article about the tampa crisis in the exam. wag the dog is pretty good to compare with frontline, i should i have some notes if you've seen it.

20 quotes is enough!! jeez.. i only knew like 3 hehe

i didn't do emma, we did bnw/blade runner which is the most boring thing ever.. *sigh*

your script sounds really interesting!! :cool:

anyways, good luck!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
hey my all-nighter was on tuesday as well!

im just going crazy trying to get texts atm. ive got one, williamson's brilliant lies, and am thikning of using rashomon, this jap b-and-white film. oh well. its worth 15% of the internal mark. that means 5% for each module. and in the entire hsc mark its divided into two, so tahts just 2.5% and i suppose i cant really fail so that means that i'll get at least 1.25% for each essay...so im only losing 4.5% altogether right? ... i dunno my brain still hurts from my shithouse maths exam... so i guess its not THAT bad...

yeh, what i was trying to say was that although i know lots of quotes, i dont know anything about the play! like i know generalisations and stuff, and i can BS about stuff in general. sometimes. so my way of doing essays in english is remembering tons of quotes and then using those quotes to remember my points. but this time i dont have points so im stuffed...

oh crap i just remembered that this is the art forum so i'll shut up now.
-jian

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
hey my all-nighter was on tuesday as well!
all-niters??? i am in awe of your ability to work without sleep.

i can't deal with all-niters (unless i'm working on something due this day) -- maybe i'll learn stuff but i'll have bugger all concentration during the test i've been working for.

roo

HSC
yah.. thats what my mum thinks. but whats the point of going to sleep early and waking up the next morning knowing nothing to concentrate on?? whereas if i stayed up, id at least know something.. :)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
exactly yeh i agree! if you;ve already studied enough you wouldn't do an all-nighter. so the only reason you would do an all-nighter is cos you haven't studied. so if you havn't studied and you havn't done an all nighter, theres nothing for you to forgot...

ok that made no sense whatsover..

i am tired...

i have had 10 hours sleep in the past three nights,...
]
but licukily i only have on more exam on monday, so ihave two days/nights more to study...tonight is my big sleeping night...woohoo!

oh shit my typing's gone now...

AiMz

HSC
My major work sux!!! i hate art teachers!! they're soo...ANNOYING!!! sorry just letting my anger out!! gerrrrrrrrrrrr

Guided Hands

hey johnson

my idea started out the same as yours a modern recontextualisation of 7 deadly sins

i was gonna use digital photograpphy and drawing but dumped the idea

cos my teach was giving me shit

so my whole work revolves around the phrase "laugh now cry later"

so big leap between ideas but im glad now seeing as other ppl had the same idea (7 that is)

Guided Hands

straying from art and onto 4unit eng majors

twas just thinking that some1 should make a site after handup date and have ppl post there works up, cos i've pretty much finished mine
wat is really shitting me is that the other night i saw fight club for the first time and the similarities between the two are disturbing, hope they dont think i ripped my shit off.

but im interested in seeing some other ppls works, but the paranoia of theft means only after we all submit it. but that is understandable because im worried about ppl stealing ideas too.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
oh, are u the plc chick that roo was talking about?

that's so weird, cos if not, there's at least 3 of us who've thought of the 7 deadly sins thing...freaky. i hope that the marker doesn't get the same artworks, cos im doing some digital phot. too and it looks really shit. i hate it.

yeah that's a good idea (the site), though i have to finish mine first...looks like lots of sleeples snights as usual

but for 4u, i'd advise u to copyright it before u put it on the net. i think that if you post it to yourself or something, its copyrighted by common law or something? im not too sure on that one. but just in case people do nick off with your writing and make money with it.

bluu

okily dokily...has anyone know of anyone else or themselves cracing into the sculpture side of major works?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)