Your opinion on the SPORT of bowling (1 Viewer)

stormxxx300

HSC
my friend and i were having a discussion on the average persons view on bowling.

we are both avid bowlers having attended many tournaments and wanted to know what people think of it now

so give us your opinion

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I enjoy bowling, but I could not bowl on a regular basis. Basically though I find its my friends I'm bowling with which make it interesting

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha yeah bowling is pretty fun....back when i was in HK, i went bowling everyday since the alley was right downstairs from where i lived.
pretty good form of exercise, if you either play more than 4 games or for an hour continuously.

latvia

HSC
N/A
do you reckon it's a good thing to do on a first date?
it's pretty special :)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I went bowling once and one of the guys I was with got about 230... basically he would run up and do a little 360 then throw the ball into the bumper a couple metres down the lane. It would bounce back and forth all the way down then he'd get a strike pretty much every time... luckiest thing I have ever seen.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
bahahaha bumpers
wtf uses bumpers these days...takes the fun out of it

latvia: i dont see why bowling on a first date is such a bad idea....better than have going to kfc on your first date

iamsickofyear12

HSC
jemsta said:
bahahaha bumpers
wtf uses bumpers these days...takes the fun out of it
That was a long time ago. I haven't been bowling for years.

My favorite thing was the little ramp... strike every time.

I once saw some people bowl about 5 balls once. They ended up in about 4 different lanes.

I don't know how anyone can take bowling seriously.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ahh fair enough
yeah, if youre with mates then its all about fun....start doing spins or bowling 3 balls down the lane or see who can get the ball closest to the gate without hitting it etc.
theres no power in those little ramps though...i just get a 8 pound ball and just launch the shit out of it

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I wonder if someone has invented a machine that works yet. Every time I used to go something would break and you'd have to get the dude to come fix it.

They need to start selling alcohol at bowling places.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i remember some bowling alley have bars now....but imagine all the chaos when all the bowlers bowl drunk....fuck they probably use the bowling ball as shot put.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
jemsta said:
i remember some bowling alley have bars now....but imagine all the chaos when all the bowlers bowl drunk....fuck they probably use the bowling ball as shot put.
That's what makes it fun.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hahahaha luckily i wont get the opportunity to own a bowling alley :D
damn i wanna go bowling now

latvia

HSC
N/A
jemsta said:
hahahaha luckily i wont get the opportunity to own a bowling alley :D
damn i wanna go bowling now
are you good at bowling?
I'm not good at it but I still love it..
but the thing that..someone plays with 5 balls at once.. isn't it dangerous? what if you throw it when ur drunk and it ends up somewhere you can't even see..OMG

It's so much fun to play bowling with the person you like

RE: first date..

bowling might not be appropriate cuz if ur a girl..u can't really give very good shots because you gotta care about your "position" when you give it a shot..so you might try to look a bit classy but end up moving awkwardly.. but if that person is already your good friend, then no worries :) you're familiar with each other enough

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha when i played almost everyday, then yeah i was alright....ill never beat my highest score now :(
haha yeah which is why youre meant to bowl 1 ball per lane, but if no ones looking, you just throw ball after ball.

i have nfi what your last paragraph meant...maybe im just too tired

latvia

HSC
N/A
jemsta said:
haha when i played almost everyday, then yeah i was alright....ill never beat my highest score now :(
haha yeah which is why youre meant to bowl 1 ball per lane, but if no ones looking, you just throw ball after ball.

i have nfi what your last paragraph meant...maybe im just too tired
i just meant that
unless ur very pro at bowling
normally the way you bowl..won't be a very pleasant/classy view (it's not like you're catwalking as a model)
and if a girl goes out on a first date with a guy she isn't very close with..
i doubt she'd be comfortable bowling with him since her 'postures' while bowling aren't likely to be "graceful"
that's maybe why .. i don't think having a first date @ a bowling place is common..so it is quite special

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah i know what you mean....the whole action that pro bowlers go through is way more graceful than noobs bowling, where the girl just gets the lightest ball and throws it in hope that she knocks some pins down.

it shouldnt really matter anyways...at the end of the day youre all probably having too much fun to notice the action.

would you wanna go bowling with me?

stormxxx300

HSC
even when i bowl nearly every day of the week we tend to find ways to make it fun... you wil have your days of coaching and seriousness, then every now and then, a group of us get together and just muck around. couple of balls down the lane at a time trick shots all the good stuff.

about bars in bowling alleys, most bowls now have bars, so its quite common to see people bowl while under the influence, its one of the funnier things...

even the pros tend to break things

ive broken parts of the gutter, a house ball, machine, ball return just to name a few things

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i wonder whether itll be actually possible to split one of the pins in half.....my friends say that i bowl with such velocity, that i could literally smash it into pieces, but seeing the pins made out of wood or something, i find that very difficult to do.
maybe need to purchase a speed gun or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)