• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Your parents view on HSC (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
my mother thinks that if i'm not working 6-7 hours a night on english, they're not giving me enough to do :rolleyes: english teachers are so self involved. "oh ours is the COMPULSORY subject! la di da!"

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
I think I'll please my parents for once... I always did so bad, but this year I'm actually doing work. My parents think the HSC is the whole world... probably becuase my bro just got into Uni, they think I won't make it. Oh well, I just tell them not to talk about it with me.

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
My mum knows that with the pressures I am under at home (They are not her fault) that it is harder for me to do well. She just wants me to try my hardest under the circumstances. The only tests i fail are the really hard in class mini tests which the whole class fails anyway and in ranking I do quite ok in. I just explain this to her and she is fine with it. She's on my side when I have problems with teachers. She knows that I can get a top 90s UAI but that it is impossible in my circumstances. Dad doesn't really know or care about my marks. He forgets usually anyway whether good or bad. LOL!

schmackers

HSC
N/A
well, my dad reckons this year is the most important year of my life so far and thinks i should study more than i've been doing. He's got the whole "good uni good job good money" attitude, which i can kinda understand since money certainly doesn't grow on trees in our family.

both my parents don't look at my reports anymore (they haven't seen one since about yr 9 and they never ask for it)- i think its cos they think i'm "safe". my sis was a 99er in her HSC, and they obviously think "smart genes" run in the family. they expect me to get a 99 but haven't pressured me.... as long as its around 95 *rolls eyes*

Seabiscuit

HSC
My mum's a teacher, so she agrees with me that the HSC is a dud. And its also good because we both complain about school and how crap it is. :D So she understands how the system works and she doesnt like it. Esp about how the UAI is calculated. So if i get a crappy UAI, we can both blame it on the system!
And she knows the pressures put on students in year 12, so she understands what i'm going through.

And my dad couldnt care less about anything...

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Well my dad lives in Perth so his never around to ask how Im going.
My mum, well she has other things to worry about, so my school marks arent overly talked about much
I don't mind it that way; at least I can work the way I want to and with no pressure. You have to make the most of every situation.

Rory

HSC
My parents just tell me it's an exam and not to stress just do my best, lol I already sat a hsc last year for an accelerated course and got like 73 and they were over the moon so I don't really worry about them putting pressure on me this year.

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Originally posted by ToO LaZy ^*
my parents are stupid FULLSTOP
I don't mean to disrespect your opinion or anything, however I really doubt that you believe that. After certain events you really do start to appreciate your former relationship with your parents, trust me on that.

speersy

HSC
N/A
i find it annoying when you come home from an exam and mum says " how did you go " i mean i have just been straining my brain for 3 hours, how am i supposed to now how i went, i just want to die and i can't make decisions.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
haha my parents didn't care

just last week, yes LAST WEEK, my mum ask me what i got for my uai and what course i'm doing in uni cause everyone is asking her and she has no idea!

my mum wanted me to do some crappy low uai subject cause she didn't want me to stress too much....so instead i choose to do actuarial studies! yipee :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)