Your picks for the Oscars (2 Viewers)

Kittycat

HSC
Originally posted by jim_green
Don't you worry, it'll win. It's definitely not the best though, just really, really overrated.
Yep, it is definately overrated. I was kinda pissed when I watched it in the cinema. I kinda wanted to kick PJ for some of the changes he made but I still reckon the movie should get the award 'cos I did enjoy it most of the time

Originally posted by JKDDragon
I agree, Peter Weir is fantastic. I'm hooked onto many of his films, even early birds such as Witness (1985).
Yeah, Peter is fantastic. Did you catch Viggo in Witness? I watched that film like what? 20 times already (for English :( )
I am pissed off at PJ for some of the changes in LOTR so thats 1 of the 2 reasons why I am not sure if I want him to win best director (the other being PW = great director)

Fry

only a few more days til the Oscars. im so excited..i usually don't watch it, but im watching it this year because of Johnny Depp. ive never seen him at an awards ceremony before. i hope he's presenting! i doubt he'll win and Oscar because Pirates is a kiddies film and all, and it's not a serious type of role, but im still stoked he got nominated..go Johnny!!!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by Fry
only a few more days til the Oscars. im so excited..i usually don't watch it, but im watching it this year because of Johnny Depp. ive never seen him at an awards ceremony before. i hope he's presenting! i doubt he'll win and Oscar because Pirates is a kiddies film and all, and it's not a serious type of role, but im still stoked he got nominated..go Johnny!!!
i'd be ecstatic if johnny won!! since he really IS a brilliant actor... but because pirates isn't one of the artsy films the academy goes for, i don't think johnny can get it. (but still!)

when are they on, by the way?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
i'd be ecstatic if johnny won!! since he really IS a brilliant actor... but because pirates isn't one of the artsy films the academy goes for, i don't think johnny can get it. (but still!)

when are they on, by the way?
Actually, he just won the SAG award

They're on march 1st

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah and naomi watts lost out to charlize theron...predictable

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
Originally posted by jim_green
You're dreaming if you think the Academy's gonna give him an Oscar for a fun adventure movie like Pirates though
Mate...when it comes to dreamin, its ALWAYS about johnny. And when it comes to Johnny, im always dreamin:( (Curse you mum and dad for not bringing me up into the Hollywood entertainment world!!! :chainsaw: )

Originally posted by Ashleet
....best director to lotr monkey dude

I know.....Like will someone give him a razor already...and maybe make him cut back on the "Meccas" (Thats how their accent would go isnt it?) And u know what else....heck its too hard!!! IM CALLING THE QUEER EYE GUYS TOO FIX HIM!!!!!!!

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
ah well. He made a fucking awsome movie, and for that, he's going down in the History books. reguardless of your opinions, LOTR will be remembered for a while to come. Dare I say, perhaps equaling another triology made a long long time ago, set in a galaxy far, far away..?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Well, my Oscar picks were way off track. I should have known though, 2004 was quite predictable. However, I'm glad LOTR did so well, disappointed Johnny or Bill didn't get Best Actor and Naomi didn't get Best Actress.

But there's always 2005.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i was actually hoping sean penn would get "best actor" and he did!...i like johnny depp but i didnt like pirates in the carribean

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by cleopatra
Mate...when it comes to dreamin, its ALWAYS about johnny. And when it comes to Johnny, im always dreamin:( (Curse you mum and dad for not bringing me up into the Hollywood entertainment world!!! :chainsaw: )
I had a dream that l was a nanny for his children and that he was a snob but then he got to know me more and vice versa and he wasn't so bad but his wife was a bitch and didn't change anytime during my dream.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by cleopatra
his wife or kids are never in my dreams! a little while ago i had one i went to the oscars n sat next to him and it was sweet, and he won and i got to go up with him! YAY!
:eek: l would die if that happened to me.

I don't know why he came out as snobby in my dream though.

Also there was another one where l worked for him in his kitchen (l do hospitality so l was wearing my uniform) and my teacher was wth me and barged into his house and told me what to do. He wasn't very impressed. I then got to be his adopted daughter or something...it was weird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)