Your Predictions (1 Viewer)

Yellow

what's everyone's bet on the text types we're going to have to write for each section? both paper 1 and paper 2?

are they going to follow the previous exams' layouts or are they going be totally different this year?

personally, i have no idea!

elfgal

a letter to the bloody editor for creative coz i can't do them...dunno bout the essay thingy

I reckon the "Speeches" module will be an essay--it's critical study, you can't really BE critical with anything else

I'm totally clueless about what they're gonna throw in front of me for powerplay, 1984, the CSSA trial was nasty, and last year's hsc wasn't an essay either (but a fantastic question imo!)

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
>I reckon the "Speeches" module will be an
>essay--it's critical study

I disagree. I bet that it will be a letter to the editor, praising some speaker from long ago. Or it could be a feature article on how speeches were great and expressed X ideas by using Y techniques in a Z manner. Maybe.

Yellow

the "speeches" module?

is there any chance they'll make us do another creative writing task in section II?

Morgues

I think the change essay will be the standard "What have you learnt throughout the year about change?"
Just got a feeling that will be it because this is the last year of the change focus

Guess we will find out on Monday

Originally posted by Yellow
the "speeches" module?

is there any chance they'll make us do another creative writing task in section II?
Speeches, "Critical study of texts"
same differ

Originally posted by hurrotisrobbo
I disagree. I bet that it will be a letter to the editor, praising some speaker from long ago. Or it could be a feature article on how speeches were great and expressed X ideas by using Y techniques in a Z manner. Maybe.
It could very well be, I don't know the answers, it was just my prediction

Dumbarse

yellow - "is there any chance they'll make us do another creative writing task in section II?"

section one is comprehension sorta thing, analyising a visual and written text, section 2 is creative writng, something to do with change, and section 3 is the typical change essay

halo_fourteen

Originally posted by Morgues
I think the change essay will be the standard "What have you learnt throughout the year about change?"
Just got a feeling that will be it because this is the last year of the change focus

Guess we will find out on Monday
Is it really the last year? The year 11's at our school just got their Changing Booklets and they are exactly the same as ours

stressed02

good thinking Morgues, i never thought about them asking us a simple question like that.. i hope you're right!

Zenithliza

I read the nastiest question for Speeches.
It was something along the lines of "You have been asked to train 2 people to say a speech, draw on your knowledge to teach them making references to two speeches."
Something like that anyway... what a skank!!! As if the speeches module wasnt skanky enough already...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)