Your thoughts on the exam (1 Viewer)

Robbbbbbbb

HSC
For Sparta you could have left out the last 30 + section or not go into depth with it as it was the end result of the education I guess.
Sparta was good
Core was good
Persians wars was expected and good
and Hannibal was easy

all goooood!

Sex Panther

HSC
I thought the exam was quite rad.

Pompeii + Herculaneum was awesome. I think i aced it.

Persian society was pretty mad. Good marks there.

Xerxes. yeah, i did ok there

Greed world 500 - 440 (a). Yeah i went heaps mad.

overall i'll prolly get a band 1.

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
Also, it was about the education of Spartan boys, so you'd probably only go up to the 13-18 stage. So really, just say some stuff about obeying the state, comradeship, loyalty, respect for elders, bla bla bla and you should be fine.

funkenstein

HSC
i cant believa how ridiculously easy the first question of the exam was :rofl::rofl:

if any one had to think twice about it slap yourself rite not:eek:

Sex Panther

HSC
Damn you funkenstein, damn you.

It just so happned that i looked at poppeiian food 5 minutes before the exam. That was pretty lucky.

Holy crap i wrote heaps on leonodas and miltiades.

Leonodas and miltiades are my friends.

amaryllis

HSC
Haha you got post munber 70...

I thought it was splendid!

Pompeii And Herculaneum; looked up food question it's an ancient equivalent of a fast food restaurant and they keep the food warm in the little holes in the bar

Hatshepsut; talked about how "her pride was in the internal development of Egypt" can't remember who that quote was by though damn and how she had to continuously legitimise her claim to the throne by emphasising Amun as her father therefore not having much time for foreign things, but talked about Punt

Sparta; sweet, (how many people do Sparta? wow)

NK Egypt to Thut IV; did anyone else do the empire question, i hadn't studied either of the questions so i bullshitted but yeah

I thought it was good!

tried to find the food picture:-look in the attatchments

AngelznDemonz

HSC
I didn't like ancient..I LOVED IT!!! the only one i have loved so far...
friggin food question..of all the things they could choose...i mentioned thermopolium so that was something..
AUGUSTUS WAS THE BEST!!! Couldn't have asked 4 any better...
minoan---pretty good

agrippina---didn't use sources 4 marriage to crispus passienus ..oh well

hopin for a band 6...:)

bellany

HSC
for sparta and the agoge, I agree that it asked us to talk about the role, not describe the agoge. I talked about indoctrination, military training, state allegiance etc...and its role as part of the Spartan mirage of austerity and hardship...but not about the stages, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have needed to mention them.
so worried that everyone thought it was easy...i found it exhausting!
and HOW alexander came to power? all he did was kill off all his rivals...and take on philips role. nothing particularly complex there....which i pointed out in my answer. thats really going to endear me to the marker. not.

Cat_Orange

HSC
BWAHAHA. *dies*

Actually, the exam wasn't that bad.

Although I had already decided that I was going to scab off the other people in the exam who get the best marks. I do well in the assignments but go crap in the exams, so coming no. 1 has its advantages at the end, I suppose.

Pompeii and Herculaneum: was surprisingly easier than I thought it would be. Yeah, that food one was dodgy.

Athens in the Time of Pericles: was not so bad. I thought the Polis question was stupid.

Pericles: was exceptionally good, especially the second one because we had done it as a speech for assignment last term.

Greek world 440-500: was not as good as it could've been. I couldn't remember who Leonidas was (I believed he was the guy who died fighting but I wasn't 100% sure, dammit, I should have gone with it!) and instead crapping on the Delian League. It was an odd question, because it only said explain not describe and there's only so much you can explain about the Delian League!!

Overall, not so bad. I'm hoping for a band 5, but a band 6 would be very, very nice.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Pompeii and Herculaneum = WOOHOOOO really easy

ISRAEL: (if anyone else does it msg me lol) It was really simple except for a 10
marker on the significance of religous places.

CAESAR: Did really well however I could have revised his Gallic wars a bit better

POMPEY: chose his early career! Loved it!

Krit 100

HSC
hey did anyone write about the earthquake of AD 62 for the first question plus call the eatery a bathroom in question 2 !!!!!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
AAAAH GOOD

Hatshepsut - Couldn't have asked for nicer questions

Core - Food was strange I won't get full marks there but the rest was okay and the archaeological one was good beacuse we'd watched a video based entirely on the Lady of Oplontis. I won't be getting exceptional marks for this section but that's okay.

NKE > Thutmose IV - I think I passed, I wrote nearly a booklet. I thought the questions to choose from were fair.

Minoans - Lovely. I hope I did okay, Probably looking at 75% ahahaha

sxcnerdgirl

Aussie Aussie Aussie
HSC
amaryllis said:
Haha you got post munber 70...

I thought it was splendid!

Pompeii And Herculaneum; looked up food question it's an ancient equivalent of a fast food restaurant and they keep the food warm in the little holes in the bar

Hatshepsut; talked about how "her pride was in the internal development of Egypt" can't remember who that quote was by though damn and how she had to continuously legitimise her claim to the throne by emphasising Amun as her father therefore not having much time for foreign things, but talked about Punt

Sparta; sweet, (how many people do Sparta? wow)

NK Egypt to Thut IV; did anyone else do the empire question, i hadn't studied either of the questions so i bullshitted but yeah

I thought it was good!

tried to find the food picture:-look in the attatchments
Yeah i did the empire question for thut IV. I was really hoping for an Amun-Re/ Karnak question but whatever so i just bullshited as well... ended up with 6-7 pages... not much but what can you do?

Man every one found the exam easy.... i freaked out when i saw the alexander questions then ended up writing my best answers for them... weird.

no more ancient history!!

hotChoklat

HSC
Cat_Orange said:
Athens in the Time of Pericles: was not so bad. I thought the Polis question was stupid.
ditto... that polis thing wasn't worth 2 marks.
But i reckon that was so far the best exam...although anything is good when you compare it to english

Krit 100

HSC
hey guys !!!!
how many marks do u rekon i get for writing one and a half sentences on Seti I!!
like i really hope it at least 15 marks!!!!!!

gracerawl88

HSC
k8kate said:
How did alexander become king??
I didnt really have much to talk about for 10 marks here.
Just how his father was murdered and possible suspects... then Philips other wife and son. And problems in the empire he inherited.
Thats all i had....

Anything else?
i wrote about his preparation for the throne, eg tutored by aristotle, military training n such. how his dad was king so he just successed him.. how he was bascialyl born to be king, so olympia ensured it and such.. him thinking he was a god like achilles..

undotwa

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
you had to mention the stages and you also had to mention all that crap about loyalty etc

and there are 6 stages,0-6, 7-12, 13-18, 19-23, 24-30, 30+

you left out the 24-30
I doubt you had to talk about all that. The question asked for the role of the agoge. SO the emphasis IMHO had to be placed upon its role in nurturing a sense of obedience and patriotism in Spartan boys. By outlining the different stages, you are not describing its role, but simply outlining.

Also, since the questioned asked specifically about boys, I thought it was irrelevant to speak about every single stage. Why talk about for instance anything above the age of 18? You are no longer a Spartan boy, therefore, those stages have little relevance to the boy's education. It's like asking a question on "Explain the significance of schooling in Australian society on the education of boys" and then start talking about post-secondary education.

Nerdasaurus

HSC
Man, I had to stop myself from either giggling when I read the questions, or punching the air and doing a victory lap.

Pompeii/Herculaneum: I didn't find the food question hard at all. I talked about the food places opening straight on to the street and the Modesta Bakery, and how they have found braziers in homes that might be for re/heating food. (I was bored at the end and was going to get another booklet for the forum and technology questions, but decided against it.)

Minoans: I found this was SORT of easy since before the exam I'd done the whole "try to show up the other person with information" thing where we start rambling on about areas of expertise and making connections, so I'd talked about their religion and burial before I walked in. Not sure on the technology question, or the religious places question, though. As long as I didn't lie in the exam and make something up, I should be ok.

Agrippina: Ace. Got 9 pages - would have had more, but the question was about her death and her marriages without her background stuff. I got full marks for her in the trial, so I hope I do well this time. So glad I looked over my assignment and saw her husbands' names.

Augustus: I obviously chose the settlement questions as hmm, I did that question as an extra piece of classwork a few weeks ago! My teacher taught us both the Julio-Claudians and, since she was betting that there would be a year of the four emperor question, after the trials taught us Augustus. Had I not learnt about Augustus, I would have chosen Claudius as my policy guy. I got 8 pages out of it and probably could have written more, but my wrist was hurting (I've had four exams in a row).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)