Your thoughts on the exam (1 Viewer)

HSC
i think im the only one that finished..

anyways, Pompeii and Herculaneum were easy, there were two questions from the trials ... easiest section ever

sparta was easy...

Greece 800-500BC -essay, was alright

and Hatshepsut.. man i screwed that up coz it had about foreign policy and i didnt even have anything about it :( there goes 15 marks

but overall the paper was the best :)

bassqueen16

HSC
yeah i finished about 30 minutes early, i found the pompeii herculaneum section easy, my society sucked ass, akhenaten was ok and period was awful, in other words it was horrible :( my teacher is like hayes and he said he thought it was pretty random :(

beststreet

HSC
N/A
ours was pretty damn sexy:

pompeii - i studied about food last night, how convenient. and we spent 50% of the time in class learning about archaeology/preservation so that was sweet.

sparta - oh my god, that was so generic. really good

alexander - generalised questions about character, very broad and open. good fun

augustan principate - i got it but only 5 pages. not much to really say on the army, deifnately not essay material, but i think i covered everything

yay, adding history note pile to english note pile...it grows

mrwaggles

HSC
OMG!!!

Easiest exam i've ever done...Could've done Pompeii in my sleep!

I didnt even study and i'm hoping band 6...i was on FIRE!!!

Wooooohooo...YAY HISTORY!!!!

rexhardcastle

HSC
Pompeii and herc were pretty cruisy except for that food bit, i swear we didnt get taught that. I then stuffed up and did the new kingdom egypt questions when we studied minoan crete, was just stressing saw some key words and started writing but hey i reckon i did well, hatshepsut was pretty easy, and new kingdom empire building was easy as, im thinking studying so much egypt may have helped my little stuff up end u not to bad markwise.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
-15 for me too, didn't know what the hell Hatshepsut's foreign policy was so just bullcrapped on about peace or some crap. Mycenae and Pompeii were good though, little worried about my essay.

ScottyGEE

HSC
I feel surprisingly confident in this exam...It was good a pompeii section, ramesside period, was slightly tough with the confusing second question (only 2 marks thankfully)
Akhenaten I think was adequate enough, usiing sources appropriatly and such...
The last question however amenhotep 3- death of ramesses II I think I didn't have enough... just 4 pages on a 25 mark question...Its probably the weakest part of the exam...

Overall for someone who has been going average in ancient history I think I did quite well

edit: One thing I found funny was the "no running" or whatever sign on the wall for the pompeii kitchen...It shows how people are ruining pompeii instead of using new technologies to preserve it (the last question)

Last edited:

Nullz

Nullz
HSC
Pomepeii --> pretty simple (food question was a bitch :mad1: )

Minoans ---> Easy, but i forgot some bits about palace significance

Agrippina ---> OK...i didn't like 10mark question --> Pwned 15 mark.

JulioClaudians ---> not sure if i wrote enough for a 25 mark question (3ish pages)...ran out of time..

Just hope i get a band 5.

deathbyprinter

motherlover
HSC
i left 40 mins early...but thats better than trials because i finished the ancient trial an hour early and failed...
but anyways..
pompeii+herc were good.
sparta was good
agrippina was pretty good..
and augustus was pretty shit...but what can you do?
thank god i never ever EVER have to do anything to do with history again :):)

rocafella32

HSC
Ancient history rocks after that exam...the only thing thats pissing me off is that EVERYONES saying its easy, therefore me finding it easy has no point to is...stooges

anyways...pompeii was easy...just had to go on about the forum and archealogy
Sparta was good ECXCEPT freeking women in sparta...i mean what kind of noob chucks that in..i guess i only sucked at that cause i didnt have any quotes

Triumvirate was cool cause i just narrated the 1st triumvirate and Agrippina was ok except that i dont know if i got my points across....
now if only the ancient history teachers had wrote the english paper.......

HSC
uhawww said:
-15 for me too, didn't know what the hell Hatshepsut's foreign policy was so just bullcrapped on about peace or some crap. Mycenae and Pompeii were good though, little worried about my essay.
i wrote something about Amun and the military :chainsaw:

and not because thats what i thought her policy was about but because i didnt want to leave it empty so i wrote everything :(

so stupid:bomb:

ScottyGEE

HSC
Most people, myself included, finished like 5-10minutes early...Even the "pro"s of our class, did anyone else have time to spare?

sly_skittle

HSC
Pompeii was alright but i didn't like the food or forum question- i'd been focusing mainly on other areas, but still i think i would have only lost one or two marks in this section

society- new kindom to Amen. III- dead easy, except i was a bit put off by the Karnak question, but still managed 4 pages- possibly a 25??

Akhenaten- the only better combination of questions could have been replacing Nefertit with Akhetaten, but stiill i think that i wouold of only lost one or two marks

Seti I question was a god send- lights were shining upon me- i did an assessment on him so i wrote 7 pages in half an hour

hoping for 90 +
-some of the other sections looked hard though so this made up for the dodgy English modules

HSC
Pompeii was okay except for that food question

Sparta was easy, I spent most of yesterday studying the role of women

Alexander the Great was the easiest question ever, I wrote 12 pages for the second part

The Julio-Claudians question was okay, I managed to get 8 pages on Claudius' policy and reforms

All in all, It was a pretty easy exam.

ScottyGEE

HSC
sly_skittle said:
Pompeii was alright but i didn't like the food or forum question- i'd been focusing mainly on other areas, but still i think i would have only lost one or two marks in this section

society- new kindom to Amen. III- dead easy, except i was a bit put off by the Karnak question, but still managed 4 pages- possibly a 25??

Akhenaten- the only better combination of questions could have been replacing Nefertit with Akhetaten, but stiill i think that i wouold of only lost one or two marks

Seti I question was a god send- lights were shining upon me- i did an assessment on him so i wrote 7 pages in half an hour

hoping for 90 +
-some of the other sections looked hard though so this made up for the dodgy English modules

Hang on a tick...If you did amenhotep as the new kingdom society then akhenaten, how could you do seti I? new kingdom in the second section and akhenaten then new kingdom in the last section...
How does that work?

ashh

HSC
pompeii n herc wasnt bad

sparta was good 2, pretty simple questions

caesar was surprisingly alrite. i was stressed coz i expected 2 fail, but reforms n gallic wars?? not as hard as i 1st thought...

n fall of rome was ok, though i wrote crap about wateva i culd rememba. lol pompeys military commands...evrything is scattered whereva...

overall, not 2 bad...

HSC
I liked it. Pompeii was easy, except for the food question, Persian society had two questions from my trial exam in it so i'm hoping for full marks there! Xerxes wasn't bad...I didn't like the Delian League question as much because I wasn't what to write to get 25 marks..I wrote all about the organisation, how it changed, where it was from but it didn't feel like enough.

All in all, HSC not as scary as previously suspected. In saying that I still have modern history, extension english and extension history to go and they are going to be difficult.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)