Your thoughts on the exam (1 Viewer)

F.R.O.G

HSC
OMG OMG Pompeii ROCKED!!!! i was soooo totally prepared for that is was scary... I do/did Hatchepsut New Kingdom Egypt to the death of thut IV and Minoans as my Personality, historical and society and found that the Historical rocked Society was harded than expected but still ok and Hatshepsut was really bland...
Coulda been heaps more prepared if my teacher spent more time teachig us the content than giving usstupid test in no way the same format to the HSC and no relevance to anything really... In Pompeii i loved the final question cept i ran outta room and had to go onto the back of the page... i just had so much to write about Bisel, Lazer, Hadrill, Fiorelli, and the rest of the gang... The Thumose III question in the historical was FANTASTIC wrote a full 2 books for that question... Overall it was better than the previous years but still challenging... (b/coz i had to reteach myself the whole topics coz of my stupid incompetant teacher)

P.S how many quotes and stuff did everyone use for any of the topics... I tried to put in as many as possible... even for pompeii- is that good???

sly_skittle

HSC
I know this is going to sound stupid...but what actually is Lady of Oplontis?

mmc754

HSC
Yeah I basically hated it. Left 30 mins early.. pretty dissapointed.

The Hatshepsut question was left field but all you had to do was think about it.

I mentioned The expedition to Punt and the way she kept Egypt stable so Tuthmose III could carry out military foreign policy... prob wrong but the best I could do.

overall.. I was pretty dissapointed. The women of Sparta is important cause they were treated different to most other places at the time..

I dunno.. I think it sucked lol

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
HilaryLush said:
no, u saw the questions, they're talking about the forum question (aka political qu) and the technology qu (aka archaeology)
So essentially although they're ripping into people who left early (not me) they're not even discussing the questions in their proper terms?

AHAHAHA bah.

blind_cat

HSC
i thought the exam was very easy. I had one hour to spare and thought that i had missed a question or my watch was broken. i started with sec 4, then sec 3, then sec 1 and 2. with the one hour i just wrote on top of what i had already written.

Keys

HSC
the julio-claudian essay questions where fcuked!!!i swear they seem to have run out of questions to ask!theres no way either of those questions could be answered for 25 full marks!!!

the hsc sucks

HSC
Cat_Orange said:
BWAHAHA. *dies*

Actually, the exam wasn't that bad.

Although I had already decided that I was going to scab off the other people in the exam who get the best marks. I do well in the assignments but go crap in the exams, so coming no. 1 has its advantages at the end, I suppose.

Pompeii and Herculaneum: was surprisingly easier than I thought it would be. Yeah, that food one was dodgy.

Athens in the Time of Pericles: was not so bad. I thought the Polis question was stupid.

Pericles: was exceptionally good, especially the second one because we had done it as a speech for assignment last term.

Greek world 440-500: was not as good as it could've been. I couldn't remember who Leonidas was (I believed he was the guy who died fighting but I wasn't 100% sure, dammit, I should have gone with it!) and instead crapping on the Delian League. It was an odd question, because it only said explain not describe and there's only so much you can explain about the Delian League!!

Overall, not so bad. I'm hoping for a band 5, but a band 6 would be very, very nice.
yeah, leonidas was the spartan king who died fighting with his 300 spartans (is it just me, or does that sound really small? maybe they couldnt count back then). oh well, who knows? you could have done a good job with the delian league one

Priscilla899

HSC
Pompeii- good, good, was able to save a bit of time from this bit to use later
Sparta- yeah, pretty generic................I didn't refer heaps to the source they gave us tho, but more other ones.
Hatshepsut- Was a bit thrown at first with the foreign policy but then went into how stuff she did in foreign lands strengthened Egypt etc.....Punt, Nubia.........hard to explain but i talked to my teacher and she said i was right so phew.
Delian League- wrote alot, Histiry exams are nowhere near as intense as English!

Overall, thought it was a good exam. Hoping for 5/6

postgate

HSC
umm.. im in year 11 and youse are freaking me out.. im just starting to learn about hatshepsut and the rest seem hard.. haha.. how bad was the exam compared to the rest?

Hosey

HSC
Im really happy with the way i did the exams i did not finish early cause that would be a waste of time you could use to revise your answers. Overall i know i did well and it was one of the easiest test i did during the HSC period.

rok~show

HSC
pompeii=easy
other stuff=shit
augustus was so hard compared to the rest wtf is up with that??

jjjodes

HSC
Considering I got very worked up and worried about this exam because I paid very little to no attention in class during the year, the exam was a breese!

It ended up being my top mark, and I found all sections apart from one Hatshepsut question to be pretty good.

Old Kingdom Egypt society and Pompeii were the best, but I found the Old Kingdom Historical period question to be a bit of a suprise, but a good one, as it was a question similar to one we did in an essay during the year.

The easiest exam I did I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)