your top 50 albums OAT (1 Viewer)

HSC
the first ten are in a rough order of my favourites, but after that its just gonna be alphabetical 'cause i cbf ordering them. and its slightly more than 50 but whatever.

1. jimmy eat world - clarity
2. hanson - middle of nowhere
3. the get up kids - something to write home about
4. jimmy eat world - bleed american
5. hanson - underneath
6. no doubt - tragic kingdom
7. the ataris - end is forever
8. no doubt - the singles
9. jack johnson - brushfire fairytales
10. death cab for cutie - transatlanticism

11. afi - sing the sorrow
12. afi - the art of drowning
13. antiskeptic - aurora
14. the arcade fire - funeral
15. the ataris - anywhere but here
16. the ataris - blue skies broken hearts next twelve exits
17. the ataris - so long astoria
18. the beautiful girls - learn yourself
19. bob marley - legend
20. brand new - deja entendu
21. brand new - your favourite weapon
22. the bravery - no brakes
23. bright eyes - lifted .. etc etc.
24. cursive - cursive's domestica
25. cursive - the ugly organ
26. death cab for cutie - the photo album
27. descendents - everything sucks
28. descendents - somery
29. the get up kids - eudora
30. the get up kids - guilt show
31. the get up kids - live at the granada theatre
32. the get up kids - on a wire
33. gwen stefani - love angel music baby (well, about half the songs, but we're talking about fifty fucking albums here, so we can't be too picky)
34. hanson - live from albertane
35. hanson - this time around
36. hanson - three car garage
37. hanson - underneath acoustic live (actually a concert dvd rip, but it's awesome)
38. jack johnson - in between dreams
39. jack johnson - on and on
40. jewel - pieces of you
41. jimmy eat world - futures
42. metric - old world underground, where are you now?
43. no doubt - return of saturn
44. no doubt - rock steady
45. peaches - fatherfucker
46. the postal service - give up
47. radiohead - kid a
48. sarah blasko - the overture and the underscore
49. saves the day - stay what you are
50. the shins - oh, inverted world
51. stars - set yourself on fire
52. the starting line - say it like you mean it (not a fan anymore, but i liked it for so long that i can't not include it)
53. the strokes - is this it
54. the strokes - room on fire
55. sublime - sublime
56. taking back sunday - tell all your friends
57. taking back sunday - where you want to be
58. thursday - full collapse

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
thats a lotta favourite albums.

Last edited:
HSC
Yay Jimmy Eat World.. Im listening to them right now.. wow katietheskatie u have some good music taste

slip

HSC
you know what, im the only true music fan here that could list 50. cause i would rather listen to music then sit here and list my favourite 50 cds (which means analysing music far more then it should be analysed and being far more judgemental about music then needs be, music shouldnt be turned into a big issue, its there to be listened to and enjoyed.

heybraham

HSC
Bookie said:
Velvet Revolver - Contraband
even though i'm a dead set gnr fan, contraband is one damn badly produced album...could have been so much better...

Last edited:

heybraham

HSC
the only one that is truly deserving of any top 100:
the verve - urban hymns

gnr - use your illusion 2
u2 - joshua tree
prince - purple rain
pink floyd - the wall
radiohead - ok computer
michael jackson - thriller

umm can't be bothered getting anymore in there

oh yeah and dido - no angel

Last edited:

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
slip said:
you know what, im the only true music fan here that could list 50. cause i would rather listen to music then sit here and list my favourite 50 cds (which means analysing music far more then it should be analysed and being far more judgemental about music then needs be, music shouldnt be turned into a big issue, its there to be listened to and enjoyed.
why destroy our fun?

seems your being far too judgemental of the oh so common human behaviour that is ranking music

Last edited:

ChrisE

HSC
slip said:
ywhich means analysing music far more then it should be analysed and being far more judgemental about music then needs be, music shouldnt be turned into a big issue, its there to be listened to and enjoyed.
but music is a big issue. thats why its studied in schools and universities and etc. thats why many consider it art. it is a big part of many peoples lives. it should be analysed and debated and everyone has their own opinion rendering this thread highly relavant.

HSC
katietheskatie said:
2. hanson - middle of nowhere

5. hanson - underneath

34. hanson - live from albertane
35. hanson - this time around
36. hanson - three car garage
37. hanson - underneath acoustic live (actually a concert dvd rip, but it's awesome)
Holy shit. I didn't know that Hanson had more than one album. Actually, i didn't even know they had any other songs apart from:

mmmmmmmmmm bop!!

And I'm not aware of any words in the song other than the one just mentioned above.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
icecreamdisco said:
that was just a loose order. mostly interchangable.

and yes, i do expect to be the ONLY REAL MUSIC FAN by my criteria.

well ur a douche by my criteria :uhhuh:

HSC
whiterabbit said:
Holy shit. I didn't know that Hanson had more than one album. Actually, i didn't even know they had any other songs apart from:

mmmmmmmmmm bop!!

And I'm not aware of any words in the song other than the one just mentioned above.
hahahah, yeah they do. underneath is actually a really really good cd .. i had it on the car the other day and by about the fourth track my friend was like "this is awesome, who is this?" so i told him and he was like "GET THE FUCK OUT!"

.. um yeah.

Adrian.

HSC
katietheskatie said:
hahahah, yeah they do. underneath is actually a really really good cd .. i had it on the car the other day and by about the fourth track my friend was like "this is awesome, who is this?" so i told him and he was like "GET THE FUCK OUT!"

.. um yeah.
Is that their new one? Has their style changed or is it still mmm bop shit. How are the new album/singles going in the charts?

HSC
i'm going to get my ass kicked for ruining this thread with hanson, but um, it's still pretty poppy. not to the extent of mmmbop or whatever, but lost without each other/get up and go/those kinda songs are still catchy as hell. they started their own record label to get away from the majors so obviously they didn't have the marketing power of some massive company, but their record debuted at #1 on the US indie charts which was pretty good.

that's right children, hanson topping indie charts. the world truly has gone to shit ;)

slip

HSC
ChrisE said:
but music is a big issue. thats why its studied in schools and universities and etc. thats why many consider it art. it is a big part of many peoples lives. it should be analysed and debated and everyone has their own opinion rendering this thread highly relavant.
Yes great, its art, it should be appreciated for what it is, not made into something its not. Why should it be analysed and debated? Yes everyone has there own opinion and thats great they are welcome to it, but its not a big issue.

Obviously you dont study music at school or university. there are two basic types of music courses, How to make music, and how to make money from music and neither of these courses cover ranking your favourite 50 albums, and no decent course would have you rank album on such a low level of reasoning.

MUSIC IS NOT A BIG ISSUE. MILLIONS OF PEOPLE STARVING IN AFRICA IS A BIG ISSUE. THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE DYING FROM AIDS IS A BIG ISSUE. INNOCENT PEOPLE BEING KILLED IN IRAQ IS A BIG ISSUE. DROUGHT IN AUSTRALIA IS A BIG ISSUE. IMMIGRATION IS A BIG ISSUE.

Music is supposed to be fun, dont kid yourself and think it is a big issue. (im not saying it doesnt serve a purpose, like live8 or charity events, but music is not the issue, starving in africa was the issue, kids with cancer is an issue, not music.) And dont say well somebody doesnt like music. I love music, i own a shit load more music then 98% of people, im just being realistic, its not a big issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)