Your University (3 Viewers)

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
doe said:
the stalkers

the location

the administration
havent been stalked, havent been there long enuff 2 have beef with admin ppl ... but i do travel there often

TAKES 2 HOURS THERE AND BACK!!! really starting 2 shit me when i have an assessment 2 drop off which takes a good couple of minutes, but takes 4 hours in travelling all up

oh well

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
mmm being able to walk from one side of uni to the other in 2 mins may be a good thing.. but i guess it seems a bit small for me
lack of social life on campus.. we had a musical and harbour cruise which is about it no clubs or bars or anything
there is only one cafeteria and although they usually have good food, you kind of wish there was a bit more choice
oh and also the fact that majority of the guys there are doing exercise science (they are all thongs/board shorts wearing, blonde haired living on the northern beaches guys.. not my type but heaven for most chicks there)

[edit] woops i forgot that i go to 2 unis.. that was about acu
about mac.. hmm i guess the grey buildings are a bit boring but the lake and green-ness makes up for it

Sarah

HSC
N/A
MoonlightSonata said:
...they're asbestos?

:(
They're asbestos bags but they don't contain asbestos (read tharunka wk9-11)

Hmm... what's annoying is how the library has stopped emailing reminder notices about the due date of books but has started email notices about the amount owing in late fees.

Not all faculties have student organisations.

The distance from the main walkway to upper campus when you're running late.

The mainwalkway when it;s cold, raining and wet

The lack of drainage around uni and the main walkway when it's cold, raining and wet. Makes it very slippery!

The lukewarm coffee from the colannade

The Matthews Lifts that take forever to come down to level 2

Overall, i like the uni though :)

Last edited:

doe

HSC
N/A
fornstar said:
havent been stalked, havent been there long enuff 2 have beef with admin ppl ...
they wear you down over time. its like living with your parents. objectively the little things they do shouldnt really matter but after living with them for 20 years it drives you nuts.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Newcastle
-the mosquitoes, I mean, really, who in their right mind would build on a swamp?!
-the budget cuts, caused by the idiocy of our last vice chancellor, resulting in staff cuts, larger class sizes, less courses, etc
-distance between places
-Hunter side...Newy people will know what I'm talking about here ;)
-Hunter building...I'm contemplating taking my camping gear, its very easy to get lost and be trapped for a week
-Lack of food choice on Hunter side

jellybeenz

HSC
The very long breaks in my timetable and the fact that my course is too big and its really hard to be with the same people all the time (although this is good when you want to avoid someone). I don't like a lot of the snobby people as well.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
the lack of entertainment venues and dining outlets, the being in the 'anus of the world' concept

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
dining outlets- just go to maq centre thats a short walk...
umm maq's central courtyard thing is horrific, there is no decent grass there...but the lake and the grass near there is awesome

the buildings...well X5B and SIBT look nice, but the library looks like it was on fire...they shud render it or something...teh black looks terrible

Generator

HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
darlington is near redfern (economics and business faculty-ish), whilst camperdown is the whole sandstone do thingo. They're separated by city road.
The pain :p.

The smokers, the teaching standards that tend to vary something severe, the library's fine system, the fact that the union card only gives you a 10c discount on the muslei bars available from each union outlet, etc.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
Usyd cumberland campus
-we are part of usyd but are excluded from a lot of stuff
-i dont know who said it but there are a lot of smokers who thinks its alright to wave it in peoples faces ITS A HEALTH SCIENCE CAMPUS...some of those people will be treating the other people who have the cancer from smoke !!
- small campus, little entertainment, small choice of food
but other than that its alright :p

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
you WOULD have known IF you read thurunka! :p
If I had read Thurunka, I would have known
I did not know
Therefore I had not read Thurunka

I did know
Therefore I read Thurunka

I did read Thurunka
Therefore I knew

I did not read Thurunka
Therefore I did not know

spot the errors :)

S

Shuter

MoonlightSonata said:
I did not know
Therefore I had not read Thurunka

I did know
Therefore I read Thurunka

I did read Thurunka
Therefore I knew

I did not read Thurunka
Therefore I did not know

spot the errors :)
Aside from the obvious errors in your creation (read: your ugly face), it's 2 and 4.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Shuter said:
Aside from the obvious errors in your creation (read: your ugly face), it's 2 and 4.
Yes it is two and four, though I don't know what the hell you're talking about with the rest

X

xeuyrawp

Hmm I'd have to say
1. The amount of asians that don't look as the cross the road, clog up stairways, block doors, etc. I'm not saying this doesn't happen at many unis (it happens in a lot of metro unis, but Macq is the worst.)
2. The shit buildings. All the nice, new buildings are taken up by SIBT etc, when they should be given to the students who actually made it into the goddamn place.
3. The ugly library. Man that place stinks. Can't they put down a huge tarp. or something to stop the cat-pee stench?
4. It's not near a rail line, although it has a few good busses to the City and to Chatswood station.
5. The stack in the library- you use a handle to push the stack either way. I was turning the handle when it stopped gripping, making the stack stationary. I squeezed between the two shelves and nearly got stuck.
6. The bad desks in the library. Who needs those silly tables that sheild you from peeking at other people's work?
7. The coffee cart has luke-warm coffee.
8. Some lecture theatres have the fold-up desks that fold up the wrong way. You'll be mid-writing a sentence when WHAM! the desk falls over and your shit flies everywhere.

In conclusion- the fugly library, the nasty desks, and the terrible coffee. Other than that, it's great:D

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
USyd doesn't have the orange campus anymore... they sold it to CSU.

Bad things about UTS are the lack of grass and the fact that campus life could be more than it currently is. And I wish the library was at city instead of haymarket, then I might actually visit it more often lol.

klh

HSC
uws:
Parra:
-the half talbes and half chairs in the lecture rooms give you no room or space sinc ethe desk is smaller than other desks
-one fo the rooms i go to smells like a farm, like it stinks like somethign that would be on a farm
-lack of any entertainment but very peaceful if oyu wnat to sit by the river
-the bar opens ;ate when im not there
-no pool/ping pong tables
-north parra campus itself
-the distane between the main campus and the city centre...i dont want to waste 2 return tickets on buses and i cant be bothered walking that distance..
i think thats it.
penrith:
- not much to do
-too many smokers
-echoey buildings

also there isnt much of a vegetarian alternative anymore except like chips and fried rice...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)