Yr 11 Chem DESPERATE HELP NEEDED (1 Viewer)

sweetwatermelon

HSC
My assignment is on Coal. I need help with the following questions please! I have no idea what to do and in how much detail to put into it.

1. Outline and describe how the fuel is formed, by identifying the raw materials and any chemical processes involved.

2. Identify a range of compounds present, how they are extracted or refined and what they are used for.

I'm supposed to include diagrams, tables, chemical equations. So confusing =(

shady145

Banned
HSC
is your assessment on coal or fossil fules?hydrocarbons?
look up fractional distilation. what molecules are used in petrol? and search fractional distillation into google images.
look at the criteria on ur assessment sheet and from that decide how much u need to put into it

sweetwatermelon

HSC
is your assessment on coal or fossil fules?hydrocarbons?
look up fractional distilation. what molecules are used in petrol? and search fractional distillation into google images.
look at the criteria on ur assessment sheet and from that decide how much u need to put into it
yes sorry its on coal. like replace the word fuel with coal.

lychnobity

HSC
My assignment is on Coal. I need help with the following questions please! I have no idea what to do and in how much detail to put into it.

1. Outline and describe how the fuel is formed, by identifying the raw materials and any chemical processes involved.

2. Identify a range of compounds present, how they are extracted or refined and what they are used for.

I'm supposed to include diagrams, tables, chemical equations. So confusing =(
1) Basically telling them how to make the fuel, making sure to tell them about raw materials (ie what objects you need to make the coal) and chemical processes (ie the reactions the raw materials must go through to form coal).

2) List some compounds (a pure substance consisting of a fixed ratio of 2 or more atoms), and products of making coal. Also how these products are formed during the coal-making process, and what these products are used for.

For detail, look at the number of marks given to the question. If it's a 2 mark question, write at least 120 words.

If there's no marking criteria/no. marks given per question, just cover all bases and put in 2/3 major points. Thorough knowledge is the key.

For the diagrams/tables/chemical equations, use google images and the information you find. Chemical equations for coal formation are everywhere on the internet, given the greenhouse crap going on. Not too hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)