yr 11 depth study (1 Viewer)

samziq06

HSC
hello, how many words should the yr 11 kinematics depths study be ?

I just want to know how many words per section or as a whole for mark of an a to b

This assessment has 6 sections
❒ Cover page with your Student ID
❒ Part A - Describe an Inquiry Question
❒ Part B - Developing a Hypothesis
❒ Part C - Designing your Proposed Investigation (title, aim, hypothesis, risk
assessment and method)
❒ Part D - Scientific Report
❒ Part E - Bibliography/Harvard Referencing
❒ Part F - Logbook

carrotsss

HSC
If there’s no word limit then just keep writing until you feel you’ve included everything, I’d say that around 2000 would be the minimum

Last edited:

wizzkids

HSC
The intention by NESA is that your depth study must represent 15 hours of in-class time. That's all they say about the length of a depth study.
To quote the syllabus, "The length of time for any individual depth study and the pedagogies employed are not prescribed."
However, many schools do not give students any leeway to design their own depth study, so follow closely the assessment notification.
Now, how much material you produce in that 15 hours is not defined. It is up to your teacher (and you) to come up with a guide. If your depth study is a practical first-hand investigation, then it is the quality of the experimental design, rather than the number of words, that should get you the marks.

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
Our school provides the marking rubric for all assessments. Students who fully address all components of the rubric usually score perfect or near perfect scores.

benyedderfan01

HSC
Hi Samuel, don't stress too much about the word count for your depth study. Your teacher is likely looking for evidence that you have put thought and effort into each section. So, don't hesitate to write down whatever comes to mind, whether it's just a few sentences or bullet points. If you're having trouble, it's okay to reference from online sources, but be sure to rephrase the content in your own words to avoid plagiarism.

Best of luck! :)

benyedderfan01

HSC
Hello!

When it comes to creating a report, whether it be for school or work, it is important to remember that the quality of the report is far more important than the quantity of information included. In other words, it is better to create a well-crafted report that provides clear and concise information, than a lengthy report that is full of irrelevant or repetitive information.
The quality of a report depends on several factors, including the accuracy and relevance of the information, the clarity and coherence of the writing, and the overall organization and structure of the report. It is essential to ensure that the information presented is accurate and supported by reliable sources, as well as relevant to the topic at hand. Additionally, the writing should be clear, concise, and easy to understand, using appropriate terminology and avoiding jargon or unnecessarily complex language.
Organizing and structuring the report effectively is also key to creating a high-quality report. This involves using headings, subheadings, and bullet points to break up large blocks of text, and organizing the information in a logical and coherent manner. This makes it easier for the reader to navigate the report and find the information they are looking for.
In conclusion, while it may be tempting to include as much information as possible in a report, it is important to remember that quality is more important than quantity. By focusing on accuracy, relevance, clarity, and organization, you can create a report that effectively communicates your message and provides valuable information to your audience.

Kind regards,

Monish Pandy
this fr

benyedderfan01

HSC
hello, how many words should the yr 11 kinematics depths study be ?

I just want to know how many words per section or as a whole for mark of an a to b
tbh I don't think I can give you a word count for an a or b. You could write 5000 words and get a d.

To quote my favourite movie 3 idiots "Life is a race"
Best of Luck yet again! :D

samziq06

HSC
Dear Samuel,

It's clear that you possess a great passion for physics, and your desire to express your depth of study is commendable. As you search for ways to convey your knowledge and understanding, I hope the following advice, inspired by classical wisdom and anecdotes, will provide you with inspiration and guidance.

1. Less is more - Remember the words of the great architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, who believed that simplicity and clarity lead to good design. In the same vein, strive to express your thoughts with precision and brevity. As physicist Richard Feynmanonce said, "If you can't explain something simply, you don't understand it well enough."
  2. Embrace curiosity - The ancient philosopher Socrates was known for his boundless curiosity and his ability to ask probing questions. By engaging with others in thoughtful conversation and asking insightful questions, you will not only learn more, but also inspire those around you to explore the depths of physics.
  3. Seek clarity through analogy - Many great thinkers, such as Albert Einstein, have relied on analogies to explain complex ideassimply. By finding relatable examples or comparisons, you can help others grasp the essence of your studies in physics.
  4. Practice patience - The Roman philosopher Seneca once said, "Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body." Understand that the process of effectively communicating your knowledge may take time, and be patient with yourself as you refine your skills.
  5. Share your passion - Your enthusiasm for physics can be contagious. By expressing your excitement and love for the subject, you can inspire others to delve deeper into the world of physics.
Remember, Samuel, that the journey to effectively communicate your depth of knowledge is a marathon, not a sprint. Stay persistent, curious, and open to learning from your experiences, and you will surely find the words to share your passion for physics with the world.

Wishing you the best on your journey,

Peter Si
^

You seem like a intellectual man with a 12 inch defeater

i have to use an alias next time

benyedderfan01

HSC
^

You seem like a intellectual man with a 12 inch defeater

i have to use an alias next time
That seems like a rather obscene comment to be making. Please keep discussion academic related.
Thank you for your understanding. :) :)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@jimmysmith560 Hey, Jimmy. Can we give this dude @samziq06 a timeout? I'm trying to stay focused on my academic grind, and his toxic behavior is throwing me off my game. It's all about positivity and productivity in these forums, so let's keep the haters at bay.
Hey @sheppy123, nothing substantial has occurred, so there is not much for me to do at this stage other than remind everyone to please stay on topic.

There is an "Ignore" function that you can use if you do not wish to interact with a particular user. However, if you have a concerning problem, feel free to report it to us so that we may take action :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)