Yr 11 - King Lear essay, changing self?!? (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey, i have to do a prepared essay on the changing self in King Lear - movie by Richard Eyer

Essay question:
You have studied a film in class as a part of your study of change.
What main ideas about change does the film seek to convey? Explain how the film makers have attempted to convey these ideas and influence the viewer's response to the film.

IM STUCK!!! has anyone done anything similar to that? or has anyone watched this film? i dont remember much of it @ all, and it isn't available for public use!!! why can't the school use the BBC copy?!?
if anyone can help, add me to their msn:smelly_melly88@hotmail.com, or e-mail me or SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wish me luck people!

elisabeth

HSC
Uh... I barely remember King Lear and I finished it a few weeks ago. I would probably write about Lear, the storm scene and his changing self - look at how he progresses from loving Cordelia and the character he is at the dividing the kingdom scene to hating her and favouring G and R, then how he loses his authority (ie. knights) and eventually his complete breakdown... I could be on about a load of shit though.

roadcone

HSC
should u really be doing lear in year 11 considering its on the hsc reading list

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
roadcone said:
should u really be doing lear in year 11 considering its on the hsc reading list
thats what i was thinking............

why ARE you doing a HSC text in yr 11...?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
It's illegal, unless accelerating.

HSC
thats weird... why AM i doing king lear in year 11?!?! maybe they are taking it off the list for year 12 next year or sumfin? hrmmm... not happy! its too hard!!

oh! n thanx 4 ur help guys! i didn't get it in time coz i was so late asking for it, but i think i did alright in the essay on tuesday and i jus bullshitted my way through it, made up stuff that i didn't no if it was true, but it sounded good ;) lol anyways... thanx 4 ur help, i understand it now!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
im fairly sure the texts are the same for next year

but you STILL shouldnt be studying it, because its being studied in year 12 at the moment. Id talk to someone about that because as slide rule said, its illegal

roadcone

HSC
yeah the same texts that are being used this year are being used for 06, they get changed in like 3 year cycles so they may be a little different for the 07ers.. yeah it definately is not meant to be done in prelim, caz u r not even allowed to read anything thats on the hsc list in year 10 im pretty sure

HSC
strange...

are you guys sure, why would the school do that? another class is doing orthello... is that on the hsc reading list? we are only doing it for term one tho, as part of change.... but yea, still doing it and discussing it, i dont wanna b a smartass to the teacher lol! funny coz 2 advanced classes are doing Lear... standard did BIG DADDY... with adam sandler! how unfair is that!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i dont think your social reputation really matters when it comes to this..... so stop worrying about being a smartass and ask your teacher straight up WHY it is you are studying a text on the HSC list.. he/she should know ur not allowed to do it

HSC
i asked her!

hey guys, i asked her y we were doing it n she sed that it jus means we can't do it next year... but how the fuck will the HSC examiners know if we've studied it earlier?? i gues sim at a bit of an advantage then rn't i!! lol this is fucked aye!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
you really shouldnt be studying it anyway but oh well....... what do you mean how will they know if you've studied it earlier? if it was me i wouldnt want them to find out. People can get in a lot of shit of the department if they are caught..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)