Yr 11 subjects?? (1 Viewer)

Joosh_N

HSC
helloo, I'm currently going to year 10 going into year 11 and am pretty unsure about the subjects to choose for yr 11, tho i got 2 weeks to figure it out. In terms of what I want to do for uni, I'm looking at a double degree for advanced computing and medical science in USYD (guaranteed is 90 atar).
In terms of the english and math course recommendations from my teachers it is:
- English advanced
- MX1 or Math adv
in terms of my school its not good in terms of ranking but I'm currently on track to become dux in my cohort.
Thanks everyone :) have a good day

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
helloo, I'm currently going to year 10 going into year 11 and am pretty unsure about the subjects to choose for yr 11, tho i got 2 weeks to figure it out. In terms of what I want to do for uni, I'm looking at a double degree for advanced computing and medical science in USYD (guaranteed is 90 atar).
In terms of the english and math course recommendations from my teachers it is:
- English advanced
- MX1 or Math adv
in terms of my school its not good in terms of ranking but I'm currently on track to become dux in my cohort.
Thanks everyone :) have a good day
hey! advanced computing is rlly mathematically related so i suggest doing mx1! plus its considered as 'assumed' knowledge plus i recommend doing sciences since youre looking to do med sci too :) try to balance out your subjects!

dav53521

HSC
Looking at the assumed knowledge for med sci it assumes that you have studied chem, and phys or bio and adv computing assumes mx1 so you should look into doing those as while it's not essential to do subjects that are assumed knowledge it will give you a leg up and could potentially save you from trying to catch up later on.

I would say maybe you should try out software engineering (the subject that'll replace SDD) as it could help with adv computing as I'm assuming you have no programming knowledge and learning how to program and the proper way to write sustainable, elegant and readable solutions (which is just as important in a professional setting or a subject where they actually look at the code instead of determine goodness of code via test cases) will be quite nice as it'll help you with the programming courses and will probably help you if you decide to peruse a career in software development/engineering. You could also try out or swap out software engineering with enterprise computing (the subject that'll replace IPT) as it could potentially help with some majors in adv computing as well as it does cover topics such as data science/analysis and cyber sec although I'm not sure about how some of the other topics will help as I haven't looked that deep into them.

Anyway in the end the best thing to do is choose subjects that you'll enjoy or will do well in.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)