yr 11 work for yr 12? (1 Viewer)

mischaa

HSC
N/A
just wondering if we need to know yr 11 work for yr 12? obviously, we need to know maths as it is a progressive sub but how about the sciences?

taxman

make poverty
HSC
mischaa said:
just wondering if we need to know yr 11 work for yr 12? obviously, we need to know maths as it is a progressive sub but how about the sciences?
My understanding is that the entire preliminary course is pretty much assumed knowledge and a little bit of practice for year 12....so, for example, if you're doing Chemistry, you should know about avagadro's number, polar bonds, chemical formulas, etc before you start Year 12. Then year 12 has more complicated topics, assuming you already know most of the stuff you learnt in Year 11. (Anybody else please interject and prove me right/wrong cos I'm going off memory here, and that is a very poor thing to go off.)

You probably SHOULD know most of the Year 11 stuff, but if you don't, then you're not being tested on it in the HSC.

I'll hand this over to somebody who has actually done the HSC, I'm in the same boat as you...in Year 11, waitin Year 12...bored in the holidays. Yippee.

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
for something like chrmistry you need to know the basic concepts ( e.g. moles. balanceing equations stc)
stuff like ancient/ modern history and english you need none of it, rather you are just using the skills you learnt inyear 11 for year 12

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
You can pick it all up in year 12. Maths is all you should worry about, as it is progressive, as you say.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Informal proof of the quotient rule, just for Nick:
f(x)=g(x)/h(x)
h(x)f(x)=g(x)
g'(x)=h'(x)f(x)+f'(x)h(x)
g'(x)-h'(x)f(x)=f'(x)h(x)
f'(x)=[g'(x)-h'(x)f(x)]/h(x)
But f(x)=g(x)/h(x), so:
f'(x)=[g'(x)-h'(x)g(x)/h(x)]/h(x)
f'(x)=[g'(x)h(x)-h'(x)g(x)]/h(x)^2

:)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
I think maths is the only subject where Year 11 work is formally examined in the HSC (I think my teacher said 30% of the exam, but I'm not 100% sure)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
I think maths is the only subject where Year 11 work is formally examined in the HSC (I think my teacher said 30% of the exam, but I'm not 100% sure)
yeh it's 30%. basically maths is the only thing you have to worry about...unfortunately for me...

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
the 30% that they test u on is the 1st 3 questions... like (2000/3)^.2, thats as far as they go. yu cant say 30% neway, it could all be yr 11 shit not put ne Yr 12 shit in it, that would be dumb and will never happen but there is nothing stopping them from doin it

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
here is - the syllabus. It dictates 30% maximum. Of course one mgiht feel the amount is around 40% or maybe 20%, but you'll never get 100%.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
mack said:
Legal Studies too. Loook through a HSC paper, there are some Preliminary questions in it.
oh yeh I think our yearly was a past hsc with some questions cut out.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Slide Rule said:
Informal proof of the quotient rule, just for Nick:
f(x)=g(x)/h(x)
h(x)f(x)=g(x)
g'(x)=h'(x)f(x)+f'(x)h(x)
g'(x)-h'(x)f(x)=f'(x)h(x)
f'(x)=[g'(x)-h'(x)f(x)]/h(x)
But f(x)=g(x)/h(x), so:
f'(x)=[g'(x)-h'(x)g(x)/h(x)]/h(x)
f'(x)=[g'(x)h(x)-h'(x)g(x)]/h(x)^2

:)
please!! no more calculus. this is the only time where one takes their mind off freakin calculus.

thow a bone here scott.

mischaa

HSC
N/A
thanks. no study for me then in the holidays :p

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
please!! no more calculus. this is the only time where one takes their mind off freakin calculus.

thow a bone here scott.
dy/dx=
lim {[f(x+h)-f(x)]/h}
h->0

That is: the derivative is equal to the limit of the secant as h, a small change, approaches 0. omg first principles wtf.

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
enjoy year 11!! it was my most bludgiest year :) nothing counts at all and there are no prereqs for year 12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)