yr 12 students - what should be we doing right now? (1 Viewer)

jcurry

HSC
sasa-o8 said:
Wow, I feel rather guilty now having read the amounts some of you guys study per day/week! I only study and make my notes a day or two before my exams, and trust me, it doesn't get you the full marks. I manage to get in the 80%+ but that's not what I aim for. I want the 90%'s rawrrr!

I've only learnt the syllabus to be my best friend just two weeks ago :( But it's really helpful, especially for subjects such as business studies. Just throw out all the points again when you recognise what part of the syllabus it was from :)
That used to be me but this year i have actually been putting in the effort and stuff and when i came out of my physics exam i feel like i got 50/50 just because i put the effort in

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
What I am SUPPOSE to be doing is to summarise and write notes on everything in class the day I learned.
But in fact, I can't be bothered and end up writing the notes for 2 subjects of the day. And I don't do homework, despite its goodies, and I know its very good, but I just don't do it. I sometimes don't even do anything, and concentrate on my latest assessment, and thus I would get far behind. I hate that. It seems time is so short, and I keep wasting time sitting there staring at the same page trying to understand it and waiting for it to be absorbed into my head, and thinking of the best way to summarising it.

SpinCobra

HSC
Uni Grad
Mine are on next week.

2 on Monday, and 1 on every other day up till friday.

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
i was told, by my principal that in year 12 we should be doing 21 hours of studying a day which freaked me out but works out to be about 3 hours per day a week!

I don't really know how many hours i spend studying, it depends but overall for my business services exam i had today i spent about 5 hours of yesterday doing past papers and i fluked the exam today. it depends on the subject and how well you are able to get the concepts and particularly the syllabus. i find legal hard and try my best to read as much as possible and it helps usually reading a bit each day helps too. but with overall studying per week its probably about 10-15 hours

Kujah

HSC
N/A
i was told, by my principal that in year 12 we should be doing 21 hours of studying a day which freaked me out but works out to be about 3 hours per day a week!
A week you mean?

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
you guys with your exams after the holidays are so fucking lucky- i've got all mine w8 & 9.

stresssssss

Jess007

HSC
haha same but im too busy talking on these threads.... ha ha what an excuse :)

risole91 said:
same, i should be studying now.!

Cob-was-here

HSC
Yeah my exams finish in 2 days, i really know i coulda done better, so i guess i gotta start studying, at least half yearlys arent worth that much (2 of mine werent worth anything at all!). So yeah.
oh and they gave us an assessment to do the day before exams and its due the day exams finish! I have no time! I have at least 1 exam every day!

Foxodi

HSC
~aussiegirl!~ said:
i was told, by my principal that in year 12 we should be doing 21 hours of studying a day which freaked me
It would freak me out too :O

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
yeah 21 hours a week woops i was on a ball
yeah but it makes sense and studying 2 weeks before is good too

zoeanne

HSC
wow im feeling really slack right now, i should really start to study alot more. i dont really know how much study or school work i do after school it all depends on whats happening? if i got assessments to do, i also make sure i go down and do my swimming training from bout 4-5.30 ish so i usally do most of my work after that..
but i fell bad when everyone is saying they do 3-4 hours of study a night.. i might avarage about 1 1/2 hours a night, depending on assessments. i get destracted really easy.. (like now im at school and ment to be doing a math assessment grr)

My half yearlys are weeks 2-3 next term.. YAY so i got all holidays to study for those.. till then i have at least one assessment due every day right up to the holidays argg. :D

AverageJoe

HSC
o_O now i feel reallly bad. Im doing like 2 or 3 hours of study each week. I guess i should start to summarise, summarise and summarise. >.>

a.Limjoco

HSC
I don't really plan how much I should study. I just study a topic or a subject until I get confident in it. Have half yearlies in two weeks... been studying 4 weeks prior...I pray i do well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)