Yr 9 english (1 Viewer)

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
What did some of you guys do in yr 9 for English, and what texts did you analyse(specifically like Shakespeare), I just wanna prepare a little for English as I do find it to be one of the weaker subjects of mine and also I have no clue what to expect. So if someone can provide some insight that would be great.
Thanks for your time

nzexperiment

HSC
I did it in yr 8 lol if it comes again that would be nice. If the school will help, its bonnyrigg high school
lol idk, year 10 i did macbeth, year 8 i did merchant of venice and 7 i did a mid summer nights dream

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
What did some of you guys do in yr 9 for English, and what texts did you analyse(specifically like Shakespeare), I just wanna prepare a little for English as I do find it to be one of the weaker subjects of mine and also I have no clue what to expect. So if someone can provide some insight that would be great.
Thanks for your time
in year 9 I did midsummer night's dream, I think if you literally just go to Sparknotes and read the entire shakespeare book that your school does in yr9 plus the summaries/analysis provided, you'll have prepared more than enough. just become familiar w the plot, characters, themes/symbols/motifs, these can all be found conveniently online and on youtube.

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
in year 9 I did midsummer night's dream, I think if you literally just go to Sparknotes and read the entire shakespeare book that your school does in yr9 plus the summaries/analysis provided, you'll have prepared more than enough. just become familiar w the plot, characters, themes/symbols/motifs, these can all be found conveniently online and on youtube.
ok I might try read midsummer night's dream, hamlet or othello just in case bc I'm not sure which one we will study

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
ok I might try read midsummer night's dream, hamlet or othello just in case bc I'm not sure which one we will study
I mean since you don't know which text your school does, then don't like waste your time studying a whole bunch of texts. if there's a way you could contact a student from your school who's been through yr9, you could confirm which sp text (and other texts) you'll do. in any case you could still try casually reading those texts and their summaries, it might get your mind in english zone before the yr starts

nzexperiment

HSC
i dont think u will study midsummer nights dream because that's currently a hsc text.

othello is a year 11 text too right?

nzexperiment

HSC
I mean since you don't know which text your school does, then don't like waste your time studying a whole bunch of texts. if there's a way you could contact a student from your school who's been through yr9, you could confirm which sp text (and other texts) you'll do. in any case you could still try casually reading those texts and their summaries, it might get your mind in english zone before the yr starts
nah i think he should just enjoy hols

nzexperiment

HSC
I agree lol that's why I said "could" and "might", low modality

if I was op I wouldn't touch a damn pen during holidays but I'm not gonna discourage studying either : p
bruh studying in year 8 during hols should not be encouraged

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
bruh studying in year 8 during hols should not be encouraged
I still agree

but like I'm tryna answer his inquiry not shut it down and just respond with "dw abt all that just don't study it's hols". holidays can get pretty boring sometimes, no harm in doing some light study

nzexperiment

HSC
I still agree

but like I'm tryna answer his inquiry not shut it down and just respond with "dw abt all that just don't study it's hols". holidays can get pretty boring sometimes, no harm in doing some light study
holidays boring. LOSER

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)