• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Yr11 student PLEASE, URGENTLY NEED ADVICE (2 Viewers)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Remember to hit the study button not the panic button.

Titangod77

HSC
Well friends,

I also do English Adv , Maths Advs and Physics

There's no need to worry about your performance, because you have term 2 and term 3 for improvement,

But for improvement I suggest you should after you arrive at home study Maths 45 min, read a novel for 45 min, physics 45 min And etc... I also suggest you wake up at morning, let's say 6 am- because for me 1hr study in the morning is like 2 hours in the afternoon. And study your hard subjects in the morning or extra work, while leaving your homework for the afternoon.

Don't worry about scaling, just remember, get high marks in all subjects (even if some are easy), you can still obtain 90+ mark. Hope it helps.

This might be a small time for 1 day, but remember we need to remain consistent. I believe we are all on the same boat, we all need to learn and improve and grasp our aim.

HSC
the test is on 2/june/11, it is on real functions, trig ratios, linear functions and lines, chapter 5,6,7, 8a-i, j&k. CORONEOS red text book, i haven't done any of the work and its like 100 pages or something, what should i do? if i don;t get 50% above i get moved to general.

HSC
i reckon i'm definitely screwed, i mean i'm coming to realise i'm not just struggling with maths, i'm struggling with SCHOOL, my atar is gonna be like 30 and my parents are gonna kick me out of the house, if they haven't already when they eventually find out i do general

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
i reckon i'm definitely screwed, i mean i'm coming to realise i'm not just struggling with maths, i'm struggling with SCHOOL, my atar is gonna be like 30 and my parents are gonna kick me out of the house, if they haven't already when they eventually find out i do general
I believe in you, go take the HSC head on.

HSC
yeah right. thanks, i think. what should i do for the maths, i got 2 weeks to do 5a-k, 8a-c, 6a-k, 8d-i, 7a-e and 8j&k

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
yeah right. thanks, i think. what should i do for the maths, i got 2 weeks to do 5a-k, 8a-c, 6a-k, 8d-i, 7a-e and 8j&k
Can you give me an indication where you are at?

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
What should you do? Revision chapters of those topics. Don't sit around saying "what should I do?", actually do some work.

HSC
its for the coroneos red 2 unit book and does are the ones accessed, it real func., trig ratios, linear func. and lines and i haven't done the above hw

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
its for the coroneos red 2 unit book and does are the ones accessed, it real func., trig ratios, linear func. and lines and i haven't done the above hw
Get cracking. If you are discouraged by their font, use Fitzpatrick or Cambridge. I haven't actually seen the Coroneos 2 Unit book. I am sure it's as good as the rest of the series.

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Get cracking. If you are discouraged by their font, use Fitzpatrick or Cambridge. I haven't actually seen the Coroneos 2 Unit book. I am sure it's as good as the rest of the series.
No. Couchman & Jones or Margaret Grove's Maths in Focus are better for 124. (The others are too "rigorous" for him at this stage.)

HSC
so where are the revision topics in the book?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^Omg, look through the maths book, if you can't see practice papers or revisions test in it (which I assume are in it), do a couple of questions out of each questions and check the answers in the back. If you get it wrong, ask a BOSer, teacher or someone to help you get the right answer.

And on that note, is Couchman + Jones considered the easiest textbook? Because if that's so, I should start doing some out of another textbook. Anyone have the e book file for fitzpatrick, cambridge or anything?

HSC
right now i'm so stressed out, i just can't handle school, like even if i pass this maths test i'll still be so badly behind on homework and stuff, i'd want to drop to general but then not only will my parents literally kill me at uni i will struggle. i think i am screwed

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
right now i'm so stressed out, i just can't handle school, like even if i pass this maths test i'll still be so badly behind on homework and stuff, i'd want to drop to general but then not only will my parents literally kill me at uni i will struggle. i think i am screwed
Sounds like you need to start being able to handle the work.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Okay look. Take small steps. I suggest starting with one subject and that being maths. Focus on getting up to scratch with that subject, important as prelim knowledge is important for the HSC. The second subject I suggest is English, as essay skills are important to develop and it will definitely count in your HSC. Solid english skills are good for some humanity subjects that you may do.

Focus on the skills, even if you don't get time to do all the content for your subjects.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Fuck Coroneos. The font is a turnoff, the questions ramp up in difficulty EXPONENTIALLY and the level of difficulty isn't even relevant to the exams and current syllabus. Even Maths in fOCUS OR cOUCHMAN AND jONES WOULD BE BETTER.

HSC
so you guys are saying i should get a new textbook? but how will i do the homework and get it marked etc? is it like exactly the same? i hate coroneos too

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
so you guys are saying i should get a new textbook? but how will i do the homework and get it marked etc? is it like exactly the same? i hate coroneos too
Aside from the font, Coroneos is not a bad textbook. Do the exercises instructed by your school. If you are not comfortable with a topic, go back and revisit it.

download

HSC
i dont see how u can do so bad, i mean i came 3rd in 2u without even studying for it...but thats prob because i do ext2 maths and the 2u class is full of retards
I assume you've already told everyone you know about this fact, but the sad fact is, no one cares!

Stop boasting and being a massive retard.

I hope this was more constructive for you than your post for the OP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)