Yr12 Engineering Studies help. (1 Viewer)

THE BEAST

HSC
N/A
Hi all, just was wondering if anyone could tell me if the information in The definative guide by Paul L. Copeland is enough info to write notes off. Or is more needed ???

pmescotty

HSC
i was just wondering the same thing! i have the most dodgiest teacher who literally just prints huge slabs of the TAFE versions stuff

BlackKlavier

HSC
hey guys,
Copeland (or "The New Testament" as we called it) is pretty decent in that he'll cover all the main points. However he doesn't go into too much detail.
See if you can find Schlenker's Materials Science Textbook as Copeland lacks a lot of depth in that field.
Go through the dotpoints of the syllabus.
Also it varies from person to person. A friend of mine made notes got 5th in state with a mark of 96 (he's got them for sale on this website somewhere so keep an eye out).
I didn't write any notes (outside of my class notes) and i got 95 (missed a top 10 rank by 0.5 of a mark). So depending on the kind of learner you are that'll vary the outcome of how much that impacts you.

MOST IMPORTANT PREP FOR ENGINEERING: past papers.
-make sure you get 10/10 in multiple choice (don't lose marks needlessly there)
-don't lose out on the truss analysis and simple mechanics questions (they're just straightforward mathematics)
-don't lose out on friction questions (there really are only 3 kinds of situations that they repeat)
-do the sketches well but fast don't waste too much time on them.

Also if anybody is interested (that you know) I am tutoring Engineering Studies Preliminary and HSC level. Feel free to email me about it at kausthub.k@live.com

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)