Yugoslavia (1 Viewer)

Stephanie55

HSC
Hey, I've decided Yugoslavia as a topic for my project and have done some background research, but I have absolutley no idea where to go with it!
I chose it because my grandmother is Croatian, she was born in 1920 and left for Australia in 1972 so it links with my heritage.
So if anyone has any ideas on the direction I could go in...it would be greatly appreciated :)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
History Extension Syllabus said:
The topic must be developed from one or more of the following areas:
• a historical debate or controversy
• a historian’s or archaeologist’s work
• changing analysis of an archaeological site over time
• ethical issues surrounding an archaeological site
• contrasting approaches to a historical personality, issue or event
• museums as history
• history in the media — film, documentary, fiction, docudrama, drama, poetry, opera
• an interdisciplinary approach to the study of the history of a personality, issue or event
• the impact of global or national events at a regional or local level
• oral history
• historical biography
• local history
• the history of an institution
• critical analysis of a major historical work
• the use and misuse of history in either a specific context or over time.
The topic of the project should reflect an area of student interest; however, the topic:
• must focus on the fundamental historiographical concepts and issues of HSC History Extension
• may be developed from a case study but should cover substantially different ground
• must not overlap significantly with the examinable content of any other School Certificate or Higher School Certificate course.
What about Yugoslavia (keeping those above syllabus points in mind) are you going to look at?

rositamadeline

questionable
HSC
i know no one has posted here in forever but i justs noticed it.. I am doing Yugoslavia... well sort of, i am doing the use of rape as a weapon of warfare and the recording/denying of it by historians... but i am kind of fucked coz i live in the middle of no where and dont have major/academic libraries anywhere near me..

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

rositamadeline said:
i know no one has posten here in forever but i justs noticed it.. I am doing Yugoslavia... well sort of, i am doing the use of rape as a weapon of warfare and the recording/denying of it by historians... but i am kind of fucked coz i live in the middle of no where and dont have major/academic libraries anywhere near me..
Sounds like you need to do a day trip to Sydney. :(

Otherwise, get your library to request books from another. Or, even get someone to photocopy bits and post them to you. You just need to know which books.

indirabeqaj

HSC
N/A
i'm doing yugoslavia for my project. more specifically how milosevic used history to spark serbian nationalism and hence the kosovo conflict. what exactly are you looking at doing?

anyone with some info on serbian nationalism/ kosovo would be greatly appreciated :)

good luck!

xoxo

HSC
i did Yugoslavia....my dad is Croatian and i wanted to find out more....and it was really good! i focused upon Tito, communist regime and the Break with Stalin

gl

marshie133

HSC
I can't believe so many people are doing Yugoslavia! That's so good. My pop's Serbian so i'm going to do my project on the Chetniks and why the Allies abandoned them. If anyone has any books or info that would be much appreciated.
Have you decided what your projects going to be focused on?
Good luck...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)