• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Zinc (1 Viewer)

madabtu

HSC
Hi, Has anybody ever taken zinc tablets to help them clear up acne and the scars?
If so, how long did you take it for and wat brand. If you taken anything else please mention it here. thanx =]

Keen

MD
HSC
Zinc does NOT help acne really unless you have Zinc deficiency (uncommon) it does however help boost immunity and should be taken 1 tablet every 4 hours with the onset of cold/flu symptoms.
I've said it once I'll say it again, there is only ONE treatment recommended by doctors for run-of-the-mill acne & scarring.
This is benzoyl peroxide (preferable at 5%, but can start at 2.5% if very sensitive skin), the best form is the (brand) Benzac AC (which is as a rub-on cream not face wash) which you can probably put on after you've washed your face with soap, once in the morning and once at night. Avoid using other face products one hour before/after applying this especially alcohol to the face. This does eventually start to get rid of scars you should see good results within 1-2 weeks, optimal results within 6-8 weeks (hopefully with constant use you should be [mostly] acne free and fresher looking skin - but you might want to use something like a moisteriser for the drying of the skin.

Keen

omigodwhenover

gotta love the HSC...
HSC
Zinc deficiency is not actually that uncommon as Australian soils are quite low in zinc. I have taken a liquid supplement of zinc (foul) and i didnt see any improvement. Go to a dermatologist, expensive but i guarantee you will see results

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i used to take zinc combined with vitamin e tablets for my skin. i took it for a few weeks and then i went to the doctor and got proper medication. i didn't notice any difference. though i did find that i stayed a lot healthier while i was on the tablets...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)