zipper repair (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
How do you (or can you) fix a zipper where the teeth have pulled away from the fabric of the zipper, if that makes sense? like, there's no gap in the teeth, as far as I can tell, it's more that the little fabric strip that the zipper teeth are glued onto or whatever has pulled away and there's a hole and now it won't do up.

Will glue fix it? or should I just go and replace it? it's a zipper up the back of a dress.

HSC
Is there anyway you can sew it on ?
If you think it's worth it, it's probably best to get it professionally repaired.
If not, try gluing it like you said.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
How do you (or can you) fix a zipper where the teeth have pulled away from the fabric of the zipper, if that makes sense? like, there's no gap in the teeth, as far as I can tell, it's more that the little fabric strip that the zipper teeth are glued onto or whatever has pulled away and there's a hole and now it won't do up.

Will glue fix it? or should I just go and replace it? it's a zipper up the back of a dress.
Hmm, looks like the zipper might have to be replaced, as it's hard to stich or glue the metal zipper teeth back onto fabric. Their's a shop on East market st, that does that. heard it's pricey though.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah i know the shop you mean. I'm thinking I'll just replace it myself, it's not a big deal (it's only a costume, not something I'm going to be wearing any more in a couple of weeks) it just needs to be wearable by saturday morning lol.

meh. maybe i should just lose a few centimetres of torso, that's why it's broken :eek: :eek:

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
yeah i know the shop you mean. I'm thinking I'll just replace it myself, it's not a big deal (it's only a costume, not something I'm going to be wearing any more in a couple of weeks) it just needs to be wearable by saturday morning lol.

meh. maybe i should just lose a few centimetres of torso, that's why it's broken :eek: :eek:
you and ur massive boobies.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
The_highwayman said:
you and ur massive boobies.
lol

i actually think it was originally worn by like, an eleven year old, or something. or someone with anorexia. coz i'm pretty small and it's a damn tight squeeze :eek:

CieL

HSC
Yeah just go to a fabric store and replace the whole zipper.

I don't think glue would hold well and it'll look embarrassing if you split a zipper.

Sonata

HSC
and i thought it was the other zipper down there lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)