zMail (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
hahah well you gotta be specific when it comes to unimail/zmail :p

dsam

HSC
So it's just zmail now?

I tried it once but then gave up coz I was confused as it re-directed me to Windows Live? WTF?

HSC
Are you forwarding your emails? If not we obviously don't know, we aren't tech support, except for Casmira and he gets paid to give it. Contact IT@UNSW...
students and staff can individually redirect their email, change passwords, change email aliases etc. via:

https://idm.unsw.edu.au/

under the title: "UNSW Email Domain - @STUDENT.UNSW.EDU.AU "
youll have the title: "Emails to this account are currently being delivered to:"
there you can set forwarding on your mail..

ALL UNIMAIL (ie. the old unimail.unsw.edu.au) is automatically forwarded to your "zmail" that cannot be changed (to you it doesnt look to be forwarding, but it is because we changed over servers), so now if you want zmail to go somewhere like GMAIL, follow my above instructions and forward to wherever you like.

note:
the unimail for students was outsourced to hotmail.
this is why if you logged into hotmail before checking your zmail (or have msn and check your mail there), if you try to also log into zmail, you will find it asks you to log out of your currently logged into hotmail account first. if this is an issue, you must
1. log out of hotmail
2. close and open the tab again to zmail and log in again
3. should go right into zmail

i dont get paid to help people here i just know its important you guys read your emails ;D

Last edited:

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
son of a zmail, not everything gets redirected to my gmail, and thats gheyness >:-[
Haha...I discovered EIGHTEEN FRIGGING EMAILS sitting in my zmail yesterday that were never forwarded to my hotmail, despite them claiming that if you were already redirecting your emails when the changeover to zmail occured (which I was), then you wouldn't have to worry. They lied. :mad1:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
zmail: Remember when i said i was gonna redirect your mail to your gmail?
me: Thats right, zmail, thats what you said!
zmail: I LIED *throws me off cliff*

HSC
Just double-checked my zMail inbox, it's empty. Looks like I've had a good run. Forwarded my Unimail to GMail back at the start of last sem and it's worked perfectly since then with no further interference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)