Zombie Films - 28 Days Later, DOD,SOD (1 Viewer)

scoby_2000

HSC
hey guys.....just watched 28 days later....anyone seen it....i watched it coz it had cillian murphey the guy from batman. i thought the fiolm was awesome...dun usually like zombie films....e.g. dawn of the dead....actually that was ok.....so was shaun of the dead....

so who cant wait for Day of the Dead....(i think thats wat it called) got simon baker in it....its gonna b fkn sick

directed by George Romereo (or something) and he created the genre!!!

gonna b sick!

Last edited:

kaylz

HSC
omgyouaresuchafrickinloser.

icecreamdisco

HSC
scoby_2000 said:
so who cant wait for Day of the Dead....(i think thats wat it called) got simon baker in it....its gonna b fkn sick

directed by George Romereo (or something) and he created the genre!!!

gonna b sick!
land of the dead is his new one... day of the dead was his final installment of the dead trilogy in 1985.

and yeah, zombie movies kick ass.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Day of the Dead is about 20 years old.. it's the 3rd movie in what was the dead trilogy. I didn't particularly like it though. Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead were much better.. apparently there'll also be a 5th movie.. 'Diamond Dead', to be released in 2007

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
So says IMDB.. doesn't seem like it's in the same series though.

HSC
N/A
which? i liked both, especially in the original when you think peter is about to shoot himself but he suddenly changes his mind and then the amazing (cheesy) goblin music comes in and he jumps up and starts doing ninja kicks

walrusbear

HSC
i've only ever seen the original night of the living dead

the later instalments looked way more intense
i like the idea of dawn of the dead being set in a mall

scoby_2000

HSC
ytea dawn of the dead is sick!

cept i hated the black guy and how he came so obsessed with the zombie baby....wat a dick....then shot the fat bitch.....

The living dead have overtaken humanity. The last remnants of the human race live inside a walled city as they come to grips with the situation. The wealthy live in sealed skyscrapers as the poor fend for themselves on the streets. Protecting them is an enormous tank called Dead Reckoning, controlled by a group of people led by Riley. But when Riley loses command of the tank to an insane man bent on destroying the city, he must save it from Dead Reckoning as those who walk beyond the walls of the city slowly develop new abilites and become a much greater threat to humankind.
i reckon this sounds preety cool. just the idea of being in city.....its kinda reversed from resident evil - apocalyspe now which i thought was average but cool....

i reckon its gonna b awesome! He did after all invent the genre

icecreamdisco

HSC
just in case anyone hasn't realised yet, there was an ORIGINAL Dawn of the Dead from 1978 in addition to the version last year... i hope that's already clear...

i liked the remake a lot, but the original has the more satirical edge that makes it resonate with me more. the first time i saw it, it was like the movie that'd been playing in my head since childhood, that i couldn't fathom anyone actually being cool enough to make... awesome film.

HSC
N/A
i watched the remake again today and i actually like it a hell of a lot, too. they might as well have called it a completely different name, because really, the only thing that's similar is that it's set in a mall. yeah it lacks the satire of the original but i think the aim of this one is completely different- it sets out to scare the fuck out of people, and it works. the fast zombies (while a lot of people hate them) are the most brutal zombies in any zombie film ever

and the whole opening sequence with anna waking up and escaping her neighbourhood is just chilling

nothing beats the original though. if any of you go to UWS, come along to the film co-op, i'll be presenting it next semester.

icecreamdisco

HSC
yeah. i mean, the original admittedly wasn't really scary in execution, just in it's implications. the remake's basically a tightass action/horror film and works well as such.

i don't have a preference for fast zombies or slow ones... i just hate it when people complain about the original because slow ones aren't as scary. ugh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)