حلال - Halal approved foodstuffs (3 Viewers)

Does the Halal symbol affect your decision to aquire, purchase of consume the product

• Yes, it does matter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it doesn't matter.

• No, on the field you need rations to restore stamina regardless of your affiliation.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

overRun

HSC
just to let you know what halal is:

Halal food is just cut differently to how other people cut it.
so its exactly the same meat but cut differently.

And it is much cleaner in a sense of disease and bacteria's

Non halal meat is usually cut through the neck without letting the blood flow out which could contain disease.

Halal meat on the other hand, allows the blood to flow out of the neck allowing all the blood to flow out including diseases and harmful bacteria which could be lurking within the bloodstream.

so yea same meat.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
dude, you nong. either way, it gets cooked. who fucking cares what bacteria is in it, unless we're talking mad cow disease.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Halal Meat means that the animal is slaughtered in the name of "Allah", and the killing is painless as possible for the animal.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Slitting its throat whilst facing it a certain way isn't exactly more humane than slitting its throat facing the other way.

Amirite?

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
The problem is that apparently it's not halal to stun the animal beforehand, so it's actually a pretty brutal way for an animal to die if it isn't stunned.
wth?

I think that it is brutal for an animal to die if its stunned.

XFatimaX

HSC
this is a funny thread

i dont really know if most of the food i eat is halal or not.. mum buys the meat/chicken from somewhere and she cooks it... oh and the important bit is that i eat it without caring XD

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Stunned meaning unconscious. You know, like how we put down animals?

EDIT: I should have been more specific.
apparantly the stuff that stuns the animal taints it somehow, dont quite understand how or why, i dont see why they cant just stun it then slit the throat, say the prayer, and drain the blood.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Stunned meaning unconscious. You know, like how we put down animals?

EDIT: I should have been more specific.
oh lol, i see :)

Its halal to slaughter an unconscious animal btw.

Last edited:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I get excited when I see a product sporting the kosher symbol but usually (and you will probably find this with Halal products too) that often kosher and halal products are not directly labelled as being such.

Example:

Vegemite is Kosher. Check the bottom of your jar: if it the printed serial code or whatever it is begins with a K then it is kosher same with other things such as Kettel Chips.

Can a Muslim please confirm: are McDonalds fries halal? Often I see Hijab-wearing women eating McDonalds and it makes me think: are they blatantly violating laws of Halal?

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Can a Muslim please confirm: are McDonalds fries halal? Often I see Hijab-wearing women eating McDonalds and it makes me think: are they blatantly violating laws of Halal?
Do you eat McDonalds fries jared?

Gloves

HSC
i know that kfc fries aren't halal.

pretty sure it'd be the same case with mcdonald's fries.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Thanks for your intelligence Gloves whilst others jump to the gun.

Futhermore the oil could have been used to cook the fish products, or the utensils could have previously been used on meat products, or the whole unit could of once been used to somehow cook meat products.

I'm not sure how stringent Halal standards are and if they compare at all to the high standards and expectations of kosher-ness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)