• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

“The Liberal Party is a conga line of arse-suckers” - Mark Latham (1 Viewer)

Poon-Tang

HSC
What I want is people’s opinions on this points which are going to be brought up.

The title of this thread is what Mark Latham is quoted to have said about the liberal party long before he was ever leader of the opposition. But that statement seems to be as true today as it was back then. Mark Latham has said other brilliantly true thing that has got him into trouble for eg. "George Bush is the most dangerous president in American History." Anyway what i want to know is what you think about him (if you wanted him prime minister or not) and if your disappointed he's out of politics now.

And you can’t bring up Australian Politics without bringing up good old Johnny! Who here actually believed that shit he wrote about interest rates not going up when he's voted back in? What a crock of shit some of my mates believed that shit, now they finally believe me that he's a lying loser. That guy has lied so many times its almost unbelievable that we keep voting him in if you want to view a list of his lies go to www.johnhowardlies.com. I hope if he's still there at the next election people realise what they have done.

What do the people think?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
That George W. Bush is a dangerous president is hardly "brilliantly true."

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Latham was extremely inexperienced and his policies were not extensive or detailed. Some of them were also quite questionable as to the benefits they'd provide (eg. Medicare Gold), and I disagreed with some (eg. cutting private school funding). Times were good, Costello appeared a decent treasurer (despite my dislike of his personal beliefs and ostensible personality). I didn't believe any of the interest rate assertions, no need to preach about that. But similarly I did not appreciate the empty, vague and annoying phrases of "easing the squeeze" on practically everything, which in some cases (ie. hospitals) it would have created more pressure!

Notwithstanding the flaws of the current government I did not like the alternative government being presented to me. Tack on a belief in liberalism, personal benefit from Liberal policies, and skepticism of Latham's professional ability to be realistic as a leader - then I voted for Howard.

Jonathan A

HSC
Poon-Tang said:
What I want is people’s opinions on this points which are going to be brought up.

The title of this thread is what Mark Latham is quoted to have said about the liberal party long before he was ever leader of the opposition. But that statement seems to be as true today as it was back then. Mark Latham has said other brilliantly true thing that has got him into trouble for eg. "George Bush is the most dangerous president in American History." Anyway what i want to know is what you think about him (if you wanted him prime minister or not) and if your disappointed he's out of politics now.

And you can’t bring up Australian Politics without bringing up good old Johnny! Who here actually believed that shit he wrote about interest rates not going up when he's voted back in? What a crock of shit some of my mates believed that shit, now they finally believe me that he's a lying loser. That guy has lied so many times its almost unbelievable that we keep voting him in if you want to view a list of his lies go to www.johnhowardlies.com. I hope if he's still there at the next election people realise what they have done.

What do the people think?
When are you going to get off your computer and see what goes on in the community mate?

I am a member of the Liberal Party and I know exactly some of the situations within the current government. Why don't you speak of Bob Carr and his lies? From the Orange Grove affairs, through to his continual failures on our City Rail network, there is not one portfolio that Carr can stand and say he has made significant progress outweighing his failures. But of course that's not the point. Why target Howard? The reason is, he takes the view-point that most people aren't prepared to take, and makes the decisions others wouldn't take. He is a very strong Prime Minister, and all people like you and the designers of this lefty site can do is refer to him as an 'arse-licker' and a liar. We keep him in because those who point the finger can't do a better job.

People know what Howard has done, I'll admit its probably not perfect, but it's something that is worth standing for, a prime minister who says it as it is and it hasn't failed us. This country continues to be one of the best in the world and remains prosperous.

Jonathan A

HSC
Something else you should realise, the left are even bigger 'arse-lickers', sucking to every minority group and in the process highlighting and promoting stigma.

Stott Despoja

HSC
N/A
Jonathan A said:
Why don't you speak of Bob Carr and his lies? From the Orange Grove affairs, through to his continual failures on our City Rail network, there is not one portfolio that Carr can stand and say he has made significant progress outweighing his failures. But of course that's not the point. Why target Howard?
Why not? Believe it or not, but not all of us happen to agree with the Australia of today that has been shaped by the Coalition government under Howard, Costello and Anderson. Also, I hope that you do realise that we all have our own political priorities and that when one person discusses a particular issue that does not necessarily mean that they are ignoring (or supporting) another.

Jonathan A

HSC
Stott Despoja said:
Why not? Believe it or not, but we all do not agree with the Australia of today that has been shaped by the Coalition government under Howard, Costello and Anderson. Also, I hope that you do realise that we all have our own political priorities and that when one person discusses a particular issue that does not necessarily mean that they are ignoring (or supporting) another.

It is very convenient for you to delete the other part of my post which contains justification...

You state that "Australia of today that has been shaped by the Coalition government under Howard, Costello and Anderson". That is an argument the Liberal Party holds very dear to their hearts, because we believe in a minimalist approach of governance, unlike some parties. I doubt the policies of the ALP, Greens or Democrats will achieve better results.

I note your last sentence and do realise it. Thank you for pointing it, but my arguments are not ignorant of that.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I supported Latham in that he was something new within what appears to be an increasingly stale ALP. As opposition leader, his parliamentary performances appeared to be quite strong, but when you are stuck with the baggage of the past and seek to go it alone, then I guess that you run the risk of crashing and burning in such a spectacular fashion. For what it's worth, I supported the ALP's education policy (funding increases and redistribution) and the Tasmanian forest policy (looking to the future and all).

As for Howard... He's an effective leader, and most of his supposed lies appear to be nothing more than misconstrued statements. However, that isn't to say that I agree with the policies of the Coalition (not all, anyway).

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Jonathan A said:
all people like you and the designers of this lefty site can do is refer to him as an 'arse-licker' and a liar.
Hang on, since when were you aware of the political opinions of the administrators?

Riewe

HSC
John Howard is a man who i respect and admire. And for that reason, among others, i voted Liberal in the last election, and helpd Louise Markus get up in Greenway, and looking back, i have no regrets in doing so.

And speaking of arse-lickers, i remember not so long ago, Paul Keating was arse-licking the asians all over the place.

Rorix

HSC
Generator said:
most of [Howard's] supposed lies appear to be nothing more than miscontrued statements.
Yup yup.

Thread sucks and Poon Tang's post contains lies which apparently now making him a 'lying loser'.

For example, John Howard never wrote, with his hand, to my knowledge, anything about interest rates. Thus the statement that 'he wrote' is apparently a lie, applying the same criteria.

Jonathan A

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
Hang on, since when were you aware of the political opinions of the administrators?

If that site doesn't make it obvious, then what esle does?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I'm not a Howard supported, but Latham is an absolute moron. If he had of won the election the whole country would be as screwed as the state of NSW is. Labor needs to rethink pretty much every single policy it has, because pretty much all of them are stupid or outdated or both. The only thing that is saving them from getting no votes at all is the fact that there are so many stupid people around.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Maybe there should be a list of the "OBVIOUS" that people need to know before posting here...
I suggest for one of them, it should be:
"OMFG POLITICIANS LIE!!!"

Possibily it is cool to be strongly right wing and neo conservative these days. Who knows. Maybe the whole idea of progressive governments has become cliche.
It's possibly the least cool thing ever, if you're right wing and have a view on ANYTHING you have to be ready to defend yourself against ALOT of harsh criticism or you might as well shut your mouth. If you choose to sway on the left, you can make statements like "OMG BUSH SUX" "OMG HOWARD IS AN ARSE LICKER", and most people won't even care.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The main problem i can find with john brogdons 1 policy, is that it requires bob carr to be making policies for him to disagree with otherwise he has no policy.
But i guess you can't expect much better from an opposition leader..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)