• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

中文歌詞! (1 Viewer)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
>< colin, i got a duck, and u ain't eatin it !!! >=) kekekekke

@ragerunner: iknow i know... ducks taste nice, but i dun like eatin them... the duck in my avatar is sooooooooo cute... too adorable to eat ^.^

=( just failed my stat quiz 2day... OMFG, I HATE THE MOTHER F*&^ING STAT.....

Winston

HSC
Ragerunner said:
I'll post it here since i don't really care now.

This is the code beforehand.

My friend gave me a working version of part of the assignment, and i editted it and finished it off. i.e. plagiarise
you my friend, are scaring me... i can see why you would plagiarise something large, but this is like..... ehhh..

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
actually this is only one stage of 3 stages of the full assignment.

and i only handed in first stage since stage 1 + style marks = 50%

im happy with that cuz i cbf doing the others since its only worth 10% the assessment.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Ragerunner said:
I'll post it here since i don't really care now.

This is the code beforehand.

My friend gave me a working version of part of the assignment, and i editted it and finished it off. i.e. plagiarise
http://moss.cs.berkeley.edu/~moss/results/435281012/

hmm.... 15% not bad usually 50%+ is blatant plagerism.

but your code doesn't do "exaclty" what the other one does and you also migh lose marks on style :p.

btw, you missed a } at the end of you code, but that was prolly from copying.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
yeah well the output is actually exactly the same in both programs.

the only difference is style and i added the code myself for error checking.

so in a way its not actual plagiarism, i.e. taking someone else's work and claiming it as your own, since i take someone else's work, edit it and add my own stuff :D

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Nan yi wang ji chu ci jian ni
Yi shuang mi ren de yan jing
Zai wo nao hai li
Ni de shen ying
Hui san bu qu
Wo ni de shuang shou gan jue ni de wen rou
Zhen de you dian tou bu guo qi
Ni de tian zhen
Wo xiang zhen xi
Kan dao ni shou wei qu
Wo hui shang xin...

It's hard to forget the first time I met you
Those mesmerizing pair of eyes
In my mind
The thoughts of you
Cannot be erased
When I hold your hand and feel your warmth
It's really too much for me to handle
Your innocence
I would like to treasure
When I see you suffering
I will feel sad...

Zhi pa wo zi ji hui ai shang ni
Bu gan rang zi ji kao de tai jin
Pa wo mei shen me neng gou gei ni
Ai ni ye xu yao hen da de yong qi

Just afraid I will fall in love with you
Dare not let myself be too close to you
Afraid I’ve got nothing to offer you
To love you may require a lot of courage too

Zhi pa wo zi ji hui ai shang ni
Ye xu you tian hui qing bu zi jin
Xiang nian zhi rang zi ji ku le zi ji
Ai shang ni shi wo qing fei de yi

Just afraid I will fall in love with you
Maybe one day I wouldn't be able to control myself
Thinking of you only hurts myself
I just can't help falling in love with you

Shen me yuan yin...
Wo jing ran you hui yu jian ni
Wo zhen de zhen de bu yuan yi
Jiu zhe yang xian ru ai de xian jing...

What’s the reason...
That I meet you again
I really really don’t wish to
Fall into the love trap like this...

Collin

HSC
N/A
Winston: How much did you sell your laptop for? Was his name also Winston? :D Anyway, I'm gonna be seeing M face tomorrow in 8am discrete *mmm.. 8am starts*, so I'll ask her about it.

Ragerunner: You better of heavily modified your assignment, because universities have now have implemented anti-plagerism software to the calibre such that they can still detect plagerism even when you've edited the original work to a certain extent.
For example, changing words such that the past tense is reflected into the present, or switching around the subject and object of a sentence around (e.g The cat (subject) went and slept onto the mat (object) --> The mat (object) was slept on by the cat (subject). Again, the software wouldn't be THAT smart, but I'd still watch your back. I don't know what the actions are for your uni, but friend of a guy in my bio prac group was caught for plagerism in one of his assignments for one of the science subjects and failed instantly for that subject. He got an expulsion warning should he be caught a second time.

Also you shouldn't just focus on the marks only aswell. Sure, passing is great, but those assignments and shit we have to do are there to develop our knowledge and practical skills. Assuming Howard gets re-elected (which I doubt.. well I sure ain't voting for that bitch), there may soon be tests implemented for uni students to evaluate how well we can translate our degree skills to the working environment (cause lots of times employers want not only people who have the degrees, but also the practical skills and common sense to be able to give the company what they're paying you for.

Xiao: I saw some guy who dressed up in a Donald Duck shirt near Fisher library the other day. He was kinda Asian looking.. and he was always smiling.. kinda freaky LOL. That wasn't you was it?

Bubz: wo yei huey yin gai qu Escape (my pin yin sucks, please don't laugh at me :( )

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Ragerunner said:
yeah well the output is actually exactly the same in both programs.

the only difference is style and i added the code myself for error checking.

so in a way its not actual plagiarism, i.e. taking someone else's work and claiming it as your own, since i take someone else's work, edit it and add my own stuff :D
Under academic guidelines what you wrote yourself is original, but anything you took from your friend (even the edited/paraphrased material) is plagiarised.

^___^
HSC
Lexicographer said:
Under academic guidelines what you wrote yourself is original, but anything you took from your friend (even the edited/paraphrased material) is plagiarised.
there was an argument some while back

apparently if u write something in assignment 1

and u use the same shit for assignment 2

that is still considered as plagiarism

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
maikeru-san, konnichiwa!
a, miwako-san. kyoo no arubaito wa, nanji kara desu ka.
shichi-ji kara desu. maikeru-san wa?

-____-

JKDDRAGON - wo ai ni de pinyin :p

aiya ngor yiu wun yut mun ar, chee D sin tung lei dei warn la, baaaaaaai

ps. lipsy - ngor dung lei gar ;)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
then!
just reference yourself in the footnotes!

nancy: gimme more

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
@JKDDRAGON: I am very aware of the anti-plagiarism detection software used. I've also taken the time to analyse it. How it works is very briefly it checks the runtime of your program. Identical programs with different style and different variable names will still result in exact same runtimes. If 2 students programs are caught, it will then be further investigated by the lecturer to have his own opinion of whether you plagiarsied.

That's just one of the methods the plagiarism detector uses to catch students, i know almost every techinique it uses. (maybe i should of invested that time into actually studying, but meh, thats no fun). When I do it, I make sure I'm sure i won't get caught. If i'm unsure, i just won't hand it in.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
bubz :D said:
maikeru-san, konnichiwa!
a, miwako-san. kyoo no arubaito wa, nanji kara desu ka.
shichi-ji kara desu. maikeru-san wa?

you lost me:D

Winston

HSC
JKDDragon said:
Winston: How much did you sell your laptop for? Was his name also Winston? :D Anyway, I'm gonna be seeing M face tomorrow in 8am discrete *mmm.. 8am starts*, so I'll ask her about it.

Xiao: I saw some guy who dressed up in a Donald Duck shirt near Fisher library the other day. He was kinda Asian looking.. and he was always smiling.. kinda freaky LOL. That wasn't you was it?
HAHAH you nugget :p... oh yeah it was a chick named Winston as welll mate haha :p... shelley wants ur ass mate... she really wants it ;)

Winston

HSC
Ragerunner said:
@JKDDRAGON: I am very aware of the anti-plagiarism detection software used. I've also taken the time to analyse it. How it works is very briefly it checks the runtime of your program. Identical programs with different style and different variable names will still result in exact same runtimes. If 2 students programs are caught, it will then be further investigated by the lecturer to have his own opinion of whether you plagiarsied.

That's just one of the methods the plagiarism detector uses to catch students, i know almost every techinique it uses. (maybe i should of invested that time into actually studying, but meh, thats no fun). When I do it, I make sure I'm sure i won't get caught. If i'm unsure, i just won't hand it in.

You really should drop out of this software subject you do... because you're obviously not passionate about it at all, not to say not good at it, since you have to plagiarise something so simple.

The thing at USYD is, some degrees in engineering etc require their students to do software, which i totally hate, i think people who have totally no joy with software development should just be eliminated for good. It totally greatly impacts on group work, i experience a bunch of drop kicks who just want free rides and just consider a pass as being sufficient, obviously not high aimers or even thinkers when it comes to software development.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Well the thing is...i am...

I don't plan on doing anymore computing after this semester. That probably explains why I don't really care, as long as i get the marks.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Sounds like me with maths and physics. I plan on getting whatever marks I can scrape in them, but only because I have to for my major. As for Nano, chemistry and the med sci subjects, well, I'm doing pretty well on my own. :)

Your approach is always determined by your motivation, after all.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
but then again

i don't really try in any of my subjects.

im just a good crammer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)