• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

中文歌詞! (2 Viewers)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Frigid said:
try again - right-click, "Save Link As..."
i get

Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>403 Forbidden</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Forbidden</H1>
You don't have permission to access /u
on this server.<P>
<HR>
<ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.27.mp3.3.14.6 Server at mp3.baidu.com Port 8888</ADDRESS>
</BODY></HTML>
inside a file named u.mp3

EDIT: lol, HTML is activated in this forum

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
for some reason i get the download file 'u.mp3' dialogue 'save-as' box...

and then it just downloads. meh :p

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Frigid said:
for some reason i get the download file 'u.mp3' dialogue 'save-as' box...

and then it just downloads. meh :p
you must be a member of that site or something.

what site is it anyway?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
bubz did you delete my girl-pissing-self thread in Entertainment?

Collin

HSC
N/A

lol

(and no bubz, I didn't go to entertainment and make a thread just then rofl)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
something tells me i shoulda gone to sydney girls :rolleyes:
Sydney Girls High Beats The Odds

Leonie Lamont
501 words
8 January 1997
Sydney Morning Herald

SYDNEY Girls High School's HSC results would send a bookmaker broke: five of its students are among the top 10 students in the State for 2 Unit general English.

Of the 29,681 students who took 2 Unit general English, Sydney Girls students came third, equal fourth, seventh and two at equal eighth in the State. The girls were in different classes, with three different teachers.

The principal, Margaret Varady, agrees it is the school's best performance, and that the overall HSC results show great depth of ability. Twenty nine per cent of its students sitting the HSC received a TER above 98. Fifty per cent scored above 95, placing them in the State's top 5 per cent; and 65 per cent scored above 90.

The girls say their teachers became friends who encouraged them to think and talk about the texts and the issues.

Katya Rozenblit* - who didn't speak English until she was eight - was keen to dispel perceptions about the merits of General English versus the more demanding Related English courses.

"People think we did it for the marks; we didn't. The truth is I still have a great passion for literature but I prefer to focus on the 20th century, on modern literature. Just because we do general English doesn't mean we can't understand Shakespeare," she said.

And the selective, all-girl nature of the school? "I think the school provides good teaching staff, and the atmosphere is great," said Louise Pounder. "And I think competitiveness works for you ... it is the selectiveness that helped us, not being an all-girl school."

Two of their teachers, Mary Ordell and Sue Duetoft, agree they have ideal students.

"The bottom line here is the students want to achieve, so they are highly motivated. Mostly they have the support from home - and they are the key issues. You have a classroom where everyone wants to do it, and you don't waste time," Ordell said.

Both stressed the importance of familiarity with the texts, reading them two or three times.

"We tend to focus on meatier texts because it does allow capable people (to use their minds)," Duetoft said. "I marked general English as well, and certainly the standard is high. I like to encourage them to talk about the texts ... to organise them, at home and into study groups for those who feel a little bit apprehensive about sharing their ideas in a larger group."

Ordell said her classes were like tutorials. "Most of my classes involve examination, issues and discussions - I suppose I expect them to do the writing at home. You know, I am delighted with some of the girls who didn't come in the top 10, but who improved from their trial results. In the long run we hope that they gained more than just high marks from the course, but a love of literature and respect for other people."

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
another old article:
Perfect TER Not A Passport To Success, Say High-fliers From Class Of '95

Kate Cox
787 words
8 January 1997
Sydney Morning Herald

AMBER Glynn, 18, was one of the top performers in the HSC class of 1995. Along with 12 other students, she scored a perfect Tertiary Entrance Rank of 100 when the results were announced in January last year.

The former Westport Technology High School student then spent a hectic January fielding rejection slips from university scholarship committees.

Another high achiever, Joel Gibson, spent a "bearable" year working in an English school while John Butts returned from travelling Europe to open mail at Macquarie Bank. Melvin Wong, who went on to study medicine at the University of NSW, describes his university results as "mediocre, nothing special".

According to the best and brightest students of 1995, a perfect TER score does not guarantee an easy future. Most of the 13 top HSC performers -nine girls, four boys - found their first year out of school was a bigger challenge than expected.

"A TER of 100 doesn't necessarily guarantee success," says Kirrily Stow, who is studying commerce at the University of NSW.

She has been turned down for a number of jobs and says she was surprised to find she needed to work harder at university than at school: "You think, 'OK, I can relax, I've worked so hard'- but the work is even harder."

Glynn achieved a high distinction average in her first year of a Bachelor of Science degree at UNSW and also says it was more difficult than she had expected: "It was a completely different way of studying. You have to be careful to stay motivated, it's hard to get back into a study routine after the long break," she says.

"The people are totally different, they have an entirely different mentality, there's an emphasis on different things. You can discuss mathematics at lunchtime and nobody thinks you're a bore.

"I changed so much last year. I matured through having to look after myself: just like a character in one of those related English plays."

Wong, who is spending time with his his family in Beijing, says: "I don't think anyone would prefer school over university. You have more freedom, you're not as spoon-fed."

Stow, the victim of a radio hoax last year when a DJ rang and told her there had been an error and that she had not achieved a TER of 100, received cards from strangers congratulating her on her top score.

"It made me realise there's heaps of nice people around," she says. "(But) I was filled with trepidation when I started uni. People have preconceptions about what you'll be like."

Glynn agrees: "After a while I started to think, 'Do I really deserve all this fuss? I'm just the same as everybody else.' It was flattering, but a little too much. People's attitudes towards you change with attention and people start to resent you."

John Butts feels the HSC was a long time ago. "It's not that the HSC is irrelevant, but it does pale into insignificance. It's not as important as people think."

Joel Gibson says HSC students should not worry too much about their results. "I know it is easy for me to say that now, but if they look at it in context, there are a lot of other ways they can go. I was just lucky - the way I learned and the stuff I learned was right."

Butts interrupts: "It's a bit late for advice now."

WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

Uni choices: Three travelled, two went to Sydney University (two more to start this year), seven went to UNSW (one more to start), one went to Newcastle:

* John Butts, 19, (St Ignatius College), travelled Europe until August, worked Macquarie Bank mail room, will start commerce/law at Sydney.

* Saadiah Freeman, 18, (SCEGGS Darlinghurst), Arts/Law at Sydney.

* Joel Gibson, 19, (Trinity Grammar), worked at Wells Cathedral School in England, will start arts/law at Sydney.

* Amber Glynn, 18, (Westport Technology High), Bachelor of Science at UNSW.

* Sylvia Mak, 18, (North Sydney Girls'), BA Science/Law at UNSW.

* Nicolette Maury, 18, on one-year school exchange in Germany for a year, will start industrial chemistry at UNSW on Co-op scholarship.

* Allison Newey, 19, (James Ruse Agricultural High), medicine at UNSW.

* Katrina Sanders, 19, (Ravenswood), BA Arts/Law at Sydney.

* Kirrily Stow, 19, (North Sydney Girls' High), bachelor of commerce at UNSW.

* Andy Wang, 19, (North Sydney Boys'), medicine at UNSW.

* Syephanie Ward, 18, (Merewether* High), medicine at Newcastle University.

* Melvin Wong, 19, (Knox Grammar), medicine at UNSW.

* Sally Yue, 18, (Abbotsleigh), medicine at UNSW, New College.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
I love your snowman!
but, alas,

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JKDDragon again.

Collin

HSC
N/A
cherryblossom said:
I love your snowman!
but, alas,

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JKDDragon again.
..Bummer :(

mack

Banned
HSC
Haha I always piss myself laughing whenever i see his sig. But also, you must spread some reputation around before giving it to JKDDragon again.

Collin

HSC
N/A
.. bummer again :(

hey mack how's the running going. Ever heard of HIIT training? It's really good for weight loss and fitness.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
mack said:
Haha I always piss myself laughing whenever i see his sig.
just to verify mack, me and Opal are second-cousins once-separated, not brothers. it's a physical impossibility for me and him to be brothers, since i was born october 1985 and him april 1986. and no, opal was not a 4-month premature baby, otherwise his brain would be underdeveloped and he'd be dumb and he's not.

to summarise, me and opal are second-cousins once-separated.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
wo yao bao yi bao? :(

抱一抱 | Bao Yi Bao | Hug

曲:周傑倫
Qu: Zhou Jie Lun
Music: Jay Chou

詞:徐世珍
Ci: Hsu Shi Zhen
Lyrics: Hsu Shi Zhen

Translated: wywy86 - www.jay-chou.net

我心情很亂 我心情很糟
Wo xin qing hen luan wo xin qing hen zhao
My mood is very disturbed my mood is very bad

有沒有告訴過*我的心情不好
You mei you gao shu guo ni wo de xin qing bu hao
Have i told you that my mood is not good

我可以討好 我可以再走掉
Wo ke yi tao hao wo ke yi zou diao
I can be good and I can walk away

我只是不想囉唆不想跟*計較
Wo zhi shi bu xiang luo suo bu xiang gen ni ji jiao
I just don't want to be wishy washy and don't want to be so calculative with you

我又不能說*不對 我又不能**流淚
Wo you bu neng shuo ni bu dui wo you bu neng xue ni liu lei
I can't say you're not right I can't learn to cry like you

我一杯 又一杯 偏偏喝不醉 我又不是真的不對
Wo yi bei you yi bei pian pian he bu zui wo you bu shi zhen de bu dui
I drink one glass after one glass but still cannot be drunk I don't feel I'm wrong

我又不是沒有機會 我很累 還有誰能體會
Wo you bu shi mei you ji hui wo hen lei hai you shei neng ti hui
I don't feel I don't have chance I'm very tired not sure who can understand

我的愛 哪裡找 我的心 *要不要
Wo de ai na li zhao wo de xin ni yao bu yao
My love where to find My heart whether you want

我不想 跟*吵 如果*懂 多好
Wo bu xiang gen ni chao ru guo ni dong duo hao
I don't want to have fight with you if you understand it will be very good

我的愛 哪裡找 我的話 重不重要
Wo de ai na li zhao wo de hua zhong bu zhong yao
My love where to find My word whether it is important or not

我只要 *過來 抱一抱
Wo zhi yao ni guo lai bao yi bao
I only want you to come here and give me a hug

(我和*一面倒 我有太多 問號)
(Wo he ni yi mian dao wo you tai duo wen hao)
(You and me together I have too much questions)

我像個玩笑 我像個配角
Wo xiang ge wan xiao wo xiang ge pei jiao
I look like a joke I am a co-actor

我像是沒有翅膀飛不起來的鳥
Wo xiang shi mei you chi bang fei bu qi lai de niao
I look like a bird that does not have wings to fly

我陪*煩惱 我陪*撒嬌
Wo pei ni fan nao wo pei ni sha jiao
I accompany you when you have problems I accompany you when you want to say 'soft' words

就算*跪下來求我都可以不要
Jiu suan ni gui xia lai qiu wo dou ke yi bu yao
Even until you dropped down in your knees to beg me I still don't want

mack

Banned
HSC
JKDDragon said:
.. bummer again :(

hey mack how's the running going. Ever heard of HIIT training? It's really good for weight loss and fitness.

I dont need to lose weight, I need to gain muscle. Currently I jog 4-5km daily, do you think this is too much?

Collin

HSC
N/A
mack said:
I dont need to lose weight, I need to gain muscle. Currently I jog 4-5km daily, do you think this is too much?
Stop running. If you don't need to lose weight, and need to gain muscle.. then you gotta stop running. Running, or any form of cardio burns protein as energy (your muscle mass).. lmao I thought you were tyring to lose weight all this time. If you wanna gain muscle you gotta do weight training, in terms of gaining muscle the only thing running will do is burn off your muscle mass. You might grow a little muscle on your quads and hamstrings.. but that's about it.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)