'04 Individual Projects - What Are you doin? (1 Viewer)

Which Project Are You Doing?

• Performance

Votes: 37 49.3%
  • Critical Analyis: Applied Research Project

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Critical Analyis: Director's Folio

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Critical Analyis: Portfolio of Theatre Criticism

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Design: Costume

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Design: Set

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Design: Lighting

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Design: Promotion and Program

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Scriptwriting

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Video Drama

Votes: 7 9.3%

• Total voters

sez_04

HSC
im doin performance and im takin extracts from "The Shoehorn Sonata". Anyone else herd of dat play?

i think im goin ok with logbook n stuff ... my teacher has been giving me great tips (thank god).

I've always wanted to do this play as my HSC performance since i saw sumone do it a couple years ago...truly inspired me

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by sez_04
im doin performance and im takin extracts from "The Shoehorn Sonata". Anyone else herd of dat play?

i think im goin ok with logbook n stuff ... my teacher has been giving me great tips (thank god).

Shoehorn Sonata is a Standard English text... are you allowed to do it? im not sure if you are, cause for eg. research project ppl cannot do playwrights that they study in Ancient History or English etc...

Last edited:

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
whhhyyyyy........ yes it is!!!
its JASON SMITH......-i think thats his name....
hes such a CUUUTIEEE!!!! ahhhh..... hehe... he looks like such a kewl dork on that show , i just love him! haha, with his glasses he reminds me of one of those japanese animations with the big big eyes...
ahhhh...

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
lol Yeh he IS a big cutie! Love him to bits.

BUT I'm thinking Chris Hemsworth (the guy who plays Kim) is absolutely freakin gorgeous! And I can't find any pictures of him which is crappy.

Sorry, back to the topic! :p

Cos

G'day all, new to the forums here.

For my Drama IP, i'm doing a performance scene from the movie "Cosi" and doing a devised monologue with the character "Roy" (played by Barry Otto in the movie).

Cos

Heh, nah it's just your imagination :p

My drama teacher made a few recommendations to me and Cosi is the film that really stuck out - I loved Barry Otto in the film, the way he has those spontaenious bursts when he starts talking about 'Cosi Fan Tutte' and then settles down back to his quieter self.

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
LOL, I swear, that every forum I go to, and every thread, seems to have a reply from either Will_Sparky, grk_styl or glycerine (or all three) lol

Anyways, I am doing performance, and at this stage im gonna do part of 'Tutta casa, letto e chiesa' (Female Parts) by Dario Fo & France Rame. But i need some help - does anyone know where I can find the script in its entirety, and NOT in Italian? In english lol. either on the net or a book.
and does anyone have any knowledge on it at all? we did it briefly for prelim, but not in much depth.

thanx guys! =)

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
if you look at jai who made it into onstage 2004, he did Dario Fo and got the script translated... If you really are certain about your piece, go and get it translated like he did? Just an idea to toy with

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Originally posted by hotcocoababe
LOL, I swear, that every forum I go to, and every thread, seems to have a reply from either Will_Sparky, grk_styl or glycerine (or all three) lol
lmao I know Will and I do very similar subjects and we're always posting one after another.

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
Originally posted by grk_styl
lmao I know Will and I do very similar subjects and we're always posting one after another.
pssst... methinks grk girl and sir sparky will may have something going one.... behind the screenssss....

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
hey cocoababe....
i know bits and pieces of dario fo, and i have a friend in my class who's performing a piece by dario fo for her ip. if you wanted to chat to her about things i can give you her email if you want..
hey check uni libraries for copies... if you could try state library too? check on the net first to see if they have the book you need so you dont waste anytime though..

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
im gonna have to agree with aLee on this - grk_styl and will have something going down... As Jeremey Gregory would "try" to put it: "that's what's going down..." haha - who would ever think you could find love on an HSC drama forum... hahaha... Can i be groomsman, or better still - PAGE BOY!?!?! pwetty pweeze? hahahahahaha....

drama_god

For me, Mrs. Bennett = the sound of nails scratching down a chalkboard *eeeeeeeeek*... that pesky, high-pitched voice... Bad enough when done on television... But when somebody in your production of Pride and Prejudice imitates her to the point of excessive compulsive - now, that IS hell... haha...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)