09ers I have a question for you. (1 Viewer)

Mithead

HSC
Ill probably be doing my major works (EE2 + His Ext)
FUN TIMES! :(

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Mithead said:
Ill probably be doing my major works (EE2 + His Ext)
FUN TIMES! :(
If you've got your ex history project topic down pat by the summer hols, I'll be very impressed and quite envious of how quickly that part of the process went.

I couldnt tell you exactly when I found my topic, it wasnt pinned down to exactly what I wanted and to a point where I could start writing and researching specifically until.. long after that.

However, I'm guessing you're talking about going through that process over the hols, so good luck to you! its a really rewarding course, so's ex2eng.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Most definately will be studying + doing ext hist works etc.
i wish ext hist's scaling was slightly better =/ ah well

zzzz12345

HSC
I'm going to be in Europe on Orchestra Tour, so that should be fun and take up the bulk of the long summer holidays. I'd also want to get some preliminary reading done for History Extension. I have some vague ideas about the topic I want to do but considering how many times I changed my Historical Investigation topic; I doubt I'll be very far into the process.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
wow so many people seem to be doing history extension, i was thinking of thinking it but i'm not really sure what it is and major work sounds scary...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Yep, like the last summer holiday I had, I will finish off all my maths topics i.e. 4 unit topics (I finished HSC 2 unit topics and half of 3 unit topics and all my yr 11 topics last holiday) and start past papers from the end of the summer holiday.

For other subjects, I will just make sure I complete 60% of all the notes.

For English, I would have written tonnes of essays/creative writings by then...

How sure am I? I did it once and I am sure I can do it again. :D

HSC
N/A
i will try to study, probably make up a study plan just like i did these hols, except that i didnt follow it and ended up doing nothing these hols :(

zzzz12345

HSC
Timothy.Siu said:
wow so many people seem to be doing history extension, i was thinking of thinking it but i'm not really sure what it is and major work sounds scary...
If you think about it, the major work is no more than 2500 words, that you get several terms to do and on top of that it is marked internally so it isn't as bad as it sounds. I just find the idea of the course fascinating because it is a major development of the classical high school study of history towards a more philosophical and societal plane. Looking at 'What is history' instead of 'What happened in 19xx' represents (for me at least) a deeper understanding and exploration of the storys and 'facts' that have made up the past of our society and resultantly make us see the supposed 'fundemental truths' as merely interpretations of their context.
On top of all that, doing extension history is apparently very beneficial for essay writing and source analysis in the 2U History course. If I didn't do History Extension, my Modern teacher would kill me...Especially after I dropped Ancient and Legal Studies in favour of maths.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
zzzz12345 said:
If you think about it, the major work is no more than 2500 words, that you get several terms to do and on top of that it is marked internally so it isn't as bad as it sounds. I just find the idea of the course fascinating because it is a major development of the classical high school study of history towards a more philosophical and societal plane. Looking at 'What is history' instead of 'What happened in 19xx' represents (for me at least) a deeper understanding and exploration of the storys and 'facts' that have made up the past of our society and resultantly make us see the supposed 'fundemental truths' as merely interpretations of their context.
On top of all that, doing extension history is apparently very beneficial for essay writing and source analysis in the 2U History course. If I didn't do History Extension, my Modern teacher would kill me...Especially after I dropped Ancient and Legal Studies in favour of maths.
Choosing the subject under the fear of someone killing you if you don't do it is probably the worst reason to choose the course.

zzzz12345

HSC
lyounamu said:
Choosing the subject under the fear of someone killing you if you don't do it is probably the worst reason to choose the course.
lol, That wasn't the only reason I chose it. I think my longwinded rambling about the merits of the course for not only my understanding but also for my envisionment of society as a whole was more the basis of my decision. History is one of my favourite subjects and I chose Extension because I wanted to do it, I found the idea of the course fascinating and because my teachers thought that I was capable. The attitudes of my teacher towards my decision were just a comical point that didn't actually hold much weight when I deliberated my subject choices.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
zzzz12345 said:
lol, That wasn't the only reason I chose it. I think my longwinded rambling about the merits of the course for not only my understanding but also for my envisionment of society as a whole was more the basis of my decision. History is one of my favourite subjects and I chose Extension because I wanted to do it, I found the idea of the course fascinating and because my teachers thought that I was capable. The attitudes of my teacher towards my decision were just a comical point that didn't actually hold much weight when I deliberated my subject choices.
Ok, fair enough.

zzzz12345

HSC
lyounamu said:
Ok, fair enough.
I would never base a decision, as important (well contextually) as my subject choices on what a teacher supposedly would or would not do. If I did, I would have never done maths in the first place. I picked my subjects because I enjoyed them, wanted to do them and felt that they would be beneficial to my UAI. But overall I do agree with your sentiment. It is a stupid idea to do a course that you don't want to do, or weren't even considering just because your teacher tells you that you should. The subjects you pick for your HSC should be based on your choice and your decision because simply put, it is your future.

5233andy

HSC
If I qualify for EE2, I'd be aiming to finish the major project during the six week break, as well as clarifying notes and whatnot.

psyche92

HSC
I'm going to not only be revising what i learnt in term four, but also going ahead and doing as much as possible of my other subjects.

These holidays i've tried to do some studying. I've done my first set of "notes" for legal studies (going through the entire textbook and highlighting key points) and hope over the next few days to complete my first set of notes for the entire textbook (Key areas and both modules). So, you can imagine what i'm going to do over the summer holidays.

Going to try and finish all of my Extension 2 English...besides some last of the drafting. I'm also going to try and break the back of my extension History over the holidays.

We've only got one year to go, people! Get your 99s now, get into uni, and then pass the whole course with credits, lol :p...just try not to go mad in the process

esstown

HSC
My plans are to finish writing notes for my subjects for the year, and complete my history ext major work.

I mean if i can do that i wont be as stressed throughout the year. Although ^ is easier said than done with all the distractions and freedom the summer holidays present :rofl:

beve

Jesus
HSC
5233andy said:
If I qualify for EE2, I'd be aiming to finish the major project during the six week break, as well as clarifying notes and whatnot.
Why so early? I mean, good to be on top of things but to have something as epic as an EE2 major down that early in the year seems a bit weird. Guess it gives you a lot of time for cut & polish.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
my plan is to get as much of the theory of all my subs done and make notes so then I can hopefully do past papers in the following holidays.

SimonLee13

HSC
Its 41 days - you can do a lot of things in that time =O Easily finish legal studies course and revise it in that time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)