• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

1/2 yearlies..... (1 Viewer)

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
had mine 2day, was 2 easy, most people got everything out and the only difference between first and last will be stupid mistakes (of which i often make alot) hu else has has theirs? watd they think??

firehose

HSC
My one's on thursday, it'll be on complex no's and a bit of conics and a bit of volumes.... it should be ok :) judging by the past papers they gave us.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Mine's next Wednesday...with MX1 on Friday, so I still have one week to prepare (with an Easter break) :)

Trev

stix
HSC
My exam (not half yearly, but an assessment - we don't have half yearlies so to speak) is on last week of this term. It was going to be on next week but we made the teacher delay it a week as it would have been on the same date as our chemistry exam!

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I've got MX2 this coming wednesday with MX1 on the following tuesday.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
MX1: Next Thursday.
MX2: The monday after next.

Trev

stix
HSC
I had extension 1 tuesday morning (7.45am started and 100 minutes long). I thought a screwed it up, and I probably did the rest of it but so far I found out I got 19/21 which was the highest, for question 1 on integration. (question 2 - trig. functions; question 3 - permutations/combinations/series application; question 4 - locus and the parabola). Hopefully I go reasonably well in the rest.

Thanks to Captain pi for marking question 1 and producing a nice markers comments :uhhuh:
(My teacher let Captain pi mark question 1...)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
JamiL said:
MX2 tuesday 5 april
MX1 wednesday 4th April... last exams of my half yearlies... im so happy:D
trust me a hard exam is ur best friend
Huh :confused:
Tuesday 5 April
Wednesday 4 April

?
I see dates go backwards as time progresses forward :p

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
Vampire said:
dude, question 4 in our test wasn't easy dawso
bahahahahahahaha, dula, for a 4unit test, that shit was easy, ok, probablity, ill admit, u never know how u went, but wat was the rest of that question? easy stuff, hardest question maybe but still, for 4unit, easy peasy

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Huh :confused:
Tuesday 5 April
Wednesday 4 April

?
I see dates go backwards as time progresses forward :p
man im tell u there is complext shit out there... how do u not know i intend to repeat the 3u paper in 2007 and matg ME1 exam is on the 4th of april (which is a wed)...
ps... by the way its ment 2 b4 6th

firehose

HSC
Had MX2 today, it was ok but harder than the past papers (damn them tricking us). Should get 70-90% hopefully. There were quite a few difficult conics Qs in it.

JamiL

HSC
70-90% raw is good 4 a 4u exam, if this year the 4u exam is hard (i suspect so in HSC), a % of 70+ should ensure a band 6. althou u must remember the HSC they ask very easy question on intergration, complext numbers (ie the 1st 3-4 questions)... its how much u can get out of the Harder 3u and Machanics that will differ between a 95+ or a 85

firehose

HSC
Excellent, on trac (so far), although i think my rank might not necessarily be that high (just a feeling). 4u Circle geometry is the worst out of the harder topics but Mechanics won't be easy i suspect, esp. for those that don't do physics (like me). 207 days 'til the hsc. :uhhuh: :eek:

Will Hunting

HSC
MX2 - Mon 4th: Graphs; Complex Numbers; Polynomials and Integration *All in 2 hrs!!! :'(*

MX1 - Tues 5th: Everything from Prelim; Applications of Calculus; and Exponential Functions

Our Maths dept also tried to rope the 4U class into sitting the 2U paper on the same day until we all campaigned to have some of the dates shuffled. Now we aren't sitting for Mathematics at all! :p

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Will Hunting said:
MX2 - Mon 4th: Graphs; Complex Numbers; Polynomials and Integration *All in 2 hrs!!! :'(*

MX1 - Tues 5th: Everything from Prelim; Applications of Calculus; and Exponential Functions

Our Maths dept also tried to rope the 4U class into sitting the 2U paper on the same day until we all campaigned to have some of the dates shuffled. Now we aren't sitting for Mathematics at all! :p
Same topics for MX2 for me - except in 1.5 hours!

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
My exams start next term first day back =(

my MX2 exam will be on complex numbers, curve sketching and integration

damn i love curve sketching and integration...pity about compex numbers...still dont get it

JamiL

HSC
Will Hunting said:

Well monday- MX2 Complext numbers, Graphs, Harder 3u, Polynomials, and possible intergration in 100min
Tue- MX1 a;; prelim, perunation n combination, calculus(intergration etc), trig(all), basicly everything expy physial world and binomial

HayleeKate

HSC
Cant wait for maths exams!

MX1: thursday (an hour after english Adv. shit!)
MX2: next monday, aparently will be really easy with 1-2 hard sections, so everyone will get full marks on first half and 1-2 unseen harder at the end to separate the group. Complex numbers, partial fractions, graphing, conics (but not parametric conics). Can't wait.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)