1 week before trial exam, what to do??? (1 Viewer)

rude

hi guys

in 1 week i have my trial exam and i did all my notes but i dont have enough time to memorize all of them.

do you have any suggestions which topics are most likely to be in

the EXTENDED RESPONSE PART. also what can i do to study? e.g. practise essays???

thanks in advance, i am lost in eco big time

malayz_angel

I'm totally in the same boat....except I didn't even do all my notes. For the extended response, my guess for the most likely topics would be globalisation and its impact on Australia, the CAD and external balance/foreign debt or the exchange rate. But that's just a guess, mind you. Are u using the Catholic Trials too?

rude

yes i am doing catholic schools trial and eco exam is on Tuesday.

so i am pretty stuffed for eco. i think you are right, because 2

sections of Timmy Dixons book and assessment task were related

to globalisation. but anyways i go to Waverley College and out of

32 ppl who do eco about 10 will do well and others like will be

@#%^

is a roflcopter
HSC
help i need a globalisation case study on japan
please please please :)

gnrlies

HSC
i think that you can be screwed for essays, but you shouldn't necessarily be screwed for at least multiple choice and short answers.

For multiple choice its pretty obvious as long as you know roughly the course, but short answers may require some revision.

I think there are three thingsd that need to be learnt to get good marks in short answer.

1 - definitions

Know the meaning of main concepts like gloablisation, and all of the economic issues (e.g. they asked "define ecologically sustainable developement" last year and heaps of people got nailed)

2 - formula

Know how to calculate everything from terms of trade to the participation rate. I thinkt here are around 10 equations that you need to know either to actually make a calculation (show working etc) or to do in the multiple choice.

3 - Impacts / effects

They always ask particularly int he band 6 questions about impacts and effects. For each thing in the course, deduce a list of impacts and effects that you can use. (impacts and effects can also include causes and other things like that)

But if you dont really know the course that well and you cant get a situation where you have a good general economics knowledge then you probably wont do as well in the essays, but then im sure you probably do if youve paid attention in class.
3 - impacts / effects

peters

i asked my top eco friend, who's top 3 in the course of 30 people, in GRC CAMPUS

he said do, multiple choice then go onto essay's because the multiple choice is to warm u up, essay's consist the most marks am i wrong? if you do well in essay's you can easily get over 60 mark

BunJai

I did my trials last year........
my tip would be......focus on the economic issues and policies involved.....either one of the essays...
i'm not sure if they would ask u for micro reform...
but Good Luck everyone!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
got myself in the same position with notes and learning.. i tried 2 cram it all

mazza_yr12

I think i'll be one of the 22 that will do @#$% in eco. Thanks for the reassuring remark rude...lol

anyways does anyone know where i can get exemplar essays for eco cos my teacher hasn't taught us how to structure any and use stats n all that so where do i go to get some good essays?? i'm desprate....exam's in 2 days!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)