• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

1 week to go, no work done (2 Viewers)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
dion7789 said:
i would say that is a good philosophy but i would change it into "Dont stress,enjoy" coz work is actually important lol
Erm, Kujah was referring to the holiday break, not Year 11 as a whole.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
good luck with all ur future endevours class of 08...enjoy each holidays as they come but keep in mind if u have work procrastination doesnt help..i learned that the hard way. But relax enjoy and have fun!

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Haha I didn't prepare myself jackall at the start of year 11, though I regret no doing so...haha it's all good, you guys shouldn't stress already!

lacklustre

HSC
I feel like I am obliged to do something during the holidays but alas nothing has happened as of yet. Maybe tomorrow...:sleep:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Only around 3 days to go. I think more procastrination is good :)

mudcake42

HSC
lol damnit, I read the part where every1 was saying that you should do work so I've just spent about 2 hours doing a revision of some chapters of maths!!

ah well, I'll just relax now until the night before and then realise I've forgotten everythign :D

ccc123

HSC
I haven't done anything either. Have been constantly trying to grasp some motivation to go through some of the prelim books, but have failed miserably to do anything mildly productive all holidays. Meanwhile, my friends have gone through the whole of the prelim syllabis for "only" chem, physics and maths.'*Sigh. I wish i was less lazy....

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Don't worry, it's preliminary teachers will start from the beginning and those that 'studied ahead' will soon have the class catch up to them and realise what I waste of holidays it was for something in the end that won't count.

If you haven't 'studied ahead' then good work all the power to you and don't worry about it.

L

littlewing69

Seriously...why study for Yr 11 when you haven't even started? Wtf?

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
tamaranadine said:
You guys are all freaking out about having done no revision, but remember who you are competing against. At my school, I can guarantee that no one would have done any revision; most public schools would be the same.

It is just year 11, so I wouldn't start stressing just yet
Exactly.

I taught my self a couple of Economic terms, but that was because I thought all my peers who had done Commerce in years 9/10 would know them. As it turns out, they didn't learn any of the things I taught myself, so I'm surprisingly (and accidently) ahead of them. Haha.

Seriously guys, there's no prep needed for Year 11. Don't stress if you haven't done anything. :)

cs01001

HSC
If I remember correctly, Year 9 & 10 Commerce was about choosing brands, renting houses, teenagers moving out, scams, rip offs, earning an income,getting a job, voting etc. I also taught myself a couple of eco terms like 'opportunity cost' lol. As Jachie said, don't stress too much. :)

L

littlewing69

pritnep said:
Don't worry, it's preliminary teachers will start from the beginning and those that 'studied ahead' will soon have the class catch up to them and realise what I waste of holidays it was for something in the end that won't count.

If you haven't 'studied ahead' then good work all the power to you and don't worry about it.

Bingo. If you've studied this holidays, all you've done is waste your last free holidays for two years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)