10 or 12 Units for Year 12 (Poll) (1 Viewer)

How many Units will you take for your HSC?

Votes: 46 25.7%

Votes: 51 28.5%

Votes: 62 34.6%
  • 12+

Votes: 20 11.2%

• Total voters

ibewatto

HSC
i had 14 at the end of year 11 (all below + economics) but thats just stupid and i knew if i wanted ext english i had to get rid of something. HSC is allllll about balance and risk. you are bound to flunk a test somewhere at some stage no matter how nerd you are so having extra units is good, it also allows for the chance that on average the state will go bad in a certain subject, meaning a subject you thought was your weakest could help boost your UAI

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Once you get over the whole lack of a safety net thing, having 10 units feels good.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
I do 10 units (see subjects below).

I dropped Biology and SOR1 at the end of Year 11 and picked up Ext 2 Maths. Best thing I could've done, but I occasionally have those "what if...?" moments where I wish I kept SOR1 as a back-up in case 4U Maths falls through for me.

Free periods =] <3

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
I will most likely be doing 11 however if I decide on 4 unit English then I will have 10 (because I will drop bio). It's risky but if I perform consistantly throughout the year there shouldn't be a problem.

the.RAVER

HSC
H4rdc0r3 said:
Well most people do either 10 or 12 units for HSC so which is better to do and give me reasons.
I'm doing 11 units next year. Reason being SOR 1 is compulsory at my school. :(

But other than that I'm doing Advanced English, General Maths, Legal, Business, and IPT.
Soooo dropping Senior Science.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
the.RAVER said:
I'm doing 11 units next year. Reason being SOR 1 is compulsory at my school. :(

But other than that I'm doing Advanced English, General Maths, Legal, Business, and IPT.
Soooo dropping Senior Science.
Well I'm doing accelerated, so hopefully I would have completed 2U this year. Overall, I'd probably do 12 units, just to be safe. I started off with 14 in the beginning of the year, and that was hell.

the.RAVER

HSC
the-derivative said:
Well I'm doing accelerated, so hopefully I would have completed 2U this year. Overall, I'd probably do 12 units, just to be safe. I started off with 14 in the beginning of the year, and that was hell.
Yeah, well I guess it is good to have the extra 2 unit subject just in case you do really bad in one. Although you can also use that free period to catch up on homework and study, that's my plan. Also, my Senior Science class this year absolutely sucks, I can't stand the other people in my class, and my teacher isn't the best. The only reason I'm doing it was because it was the only option on that line, it was full of sporting subjects, and I hate sports. I missed out on Drama. :(

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I would like to give Extension 2 Mathematics a go, but my parents see me as a dumb lazy person who will fail it :mad:

the.RAVER

HSC
Aplus said:
I would like to give Extension 2 Mathematics a go, but my parents see me as a dumb lazy person who will fail it :mad:
Well if you're doing Maths Ext. 1 at the moment and doing well at it, it should show them that you can do well in Ext. 2 as well. It's your choice in the end isn't it?

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Aplus said:
That's what my parents think as well. I'm just going to give it a try, because you can always drop? I'd rather try and drop rather then not have tried it at all.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
This whole "omg I'll have 12units just to be safe" is the most moronic shit I've ever heard.

jazzbaby

HSC
11 for me
was gonna be 12 with ext 2 eng but i dont think i'd be able to cope with everything

badquinton304

HSC
IF english is your worst subject doing 10 units is probably the best.
IF your good at english go for the 12.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
the-derivative said:
That's what my parents think as well. I'm just going to give it a try, because you can always drop? I'd rather try and drop rather then not have tried it at all.
My parents have a really strong notion that the only people who should do Mathematics Extension 2 are those who study 2-3 hours of maths a day or more and who constantly achieve marks of 90% +

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
If we all had ten units, all the studys could help with making our other subjects better. Not only that, the time that would have been taken to study for that subject can go into all your other subjects! Of course I was lucky enough to know exactly what I wanted so I knew what to drop.

the.RAVER

HSC
ronnknee said:
If we all had ten units, all the studys could help with making our other subjects better. Not only that, the time that would have been taken to study for that subject can go into all your other subjects! Of course I was lucky enough to know exactly what I wanted so I knew what to drop.
Yeah well that's what I'm planning to do. Going into Business and Law in the future I don't need Senior Science, and I was considering dropping it anyway. I'll be doing 11 units and using my free periods for study!

H4rdc0r3

HSC
If you do 12 units with 2 units as a backdrop isn't it just smarter to spend the "2unit time" improving the other subjects so you won't need a backdrop?

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
H4rdc0r3 said:
If you do 12 units with 2 units as a backdrop isn't it just smarter to spend the "2unit time" improving the other subjects so you won't need a backdrop?
Yeah, that would be smarter. That's why I wanted to accelerate this Year, because then I could spend the '2u or 3u' time on my other subjects.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
H4rdc0r3 said:
+1

If you think you are going to do shit in a subject and do 12 units you can do 10 units and work on the subject you are shit at.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)