10 or 12 Units for Year 12 (Poll) (1 Viewer)

How many Units will you take for your HSC?

Votes: 46 25.7%

Votes: 51 28.5%

Votes: 62 34.6%
  • 12+

Votes: 20 11.2%

• Total voters

lolokay

HSC
oh, so by waste you don't mean that there was little point in having done it - just that it isn't helping your UAI.. or something

btw, why do you want to do the course? I thought you hated physics, and cosmology sounds like it would be very physics based

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lolokay said:
oh, so by waste you don't mean that there was little point in having done it - just that it isn't helping your UAI.. or something

btw, why do you want to do the course? I thought you hated physics, and cosmology sounds like it would be very physics based
Yep. Spot-on.

To be really honest, I don't hate Physics. I pretend as if I hate it to make myself feel better.

I want to do the course because I was always interested in the outer space. I am sick of learning about Earth in Biology. I want to explore into the unknowns that haven't been discovered by the human beings...lol

Anyway, I am interested in this course because I just love the sense of non-limit-ness which is the focus of this course. Subjects like Bio, Bus, English are all boring for me in that sense. They are all practical and realistic and non-abstract (bar english).

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
bawd said:
That sucks. How do they know, though?
We have teachers timetabled onto our study period and they supervise/run the class. Most of them are really strict, as most of them are trying to do their own work as well - however when we have a relief teacher, it's not so bad.

As for cosmology - why not give it a try if you are offered a position. If I get into philosophy, I am definitely taking it up.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
the-derivative said:
We have teachers timetabled onto our study period and they supervise/run the class. Most of them are really strict, as most of them are trying to do their own work as well - however when we have a relief teacher, it's not so bad.

As for cosmology - why not give it a try if you are offered a position. If I get into philosophy, I am definitely taking it up.
I don't think it works separetely. If you get in, you get in. (basically)

lolokay

HSC
lyounamu said:
Yep. Spot-on.

To be really honest, I don't hate Physics. I pretend as if I hate it to make myself feel better.

I want to do the course because I was always interested in the outer space. I am sick of learning about Earth in Biology. I want to explore into the unknowns that haven't been discovered by the human beings...lol

Anyway, I am interested in this course because I just love the sense of non-limit-ness which is the focus of this course. Subjects like Bio, Bus, English are all boring for me in that sense. They are all practical and realistic and non-abstract (bar english).
oh ok, fair enough. I'm personally not really a fan of outer-space related topics, largely because of the lack of relevance/practicality I see in it but I can see where you're coming from

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
at the moment it looks like it's going to be 16units for me, but i really want to drop something probally maths

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
marcquelle said:
at the moment it looks like it's going to be 16units for me, but i really want to drop something probally maths
Don't you think that's too many?

Cerry

HSC
I've got 11. Hopefully, my extension english mark will make up for my shocking chem mark. The extra unit is quite nice, because it's offline, so I have the same number of frees as people doing 10 units, but I have an extra unit, just in case.

SimonLee13

HSC
Why the hell would you do 16, unless you've already done 4-6 accelerated units. You would have so little time to cover everything and in the end 3 subjects aren't gonna count...

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
SimonLee13 said:
Why the hell would you do 16, unless you've already done 4-6 accelerated units. You would have so little time to cover everything and in the end 3 subjects aren't gonna count...
if you read i'm going to drop subjects which i have narrowed down to geograpy and Nursing, i know that 16 is a lot, but tafe is worth 3 units.

agua.fuego

HSC
I'm going to do 12 - I'm dropping a subject but picking up 2 more (Extension 2 English and Extension History).

I'd prefer to have ten. In my happy little ideal world. But when you're doing it at home, there's not really much of a 'set time' and you can get work accomplished much faster.

Which I'm not sure accomplished is the right word. :p

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
agua.fuego said:
I'm going to do 12 - I'm dropping a subject but picking up 2 more (Extension 2 English and Extension History).

I'd prefer to have ten. In my happy little ideal world. But when you're doing it at home, there's not really much of a 'set time' and you can get work accomplished much faster.

Which I'm not sure accomplished is the right word. :p
Hey! Same. Except I dunno what to drop.

agua.fuego

HSC
Mine's an easy drop. TEXTILES. I have no idea why I picked it. I'm going to blame insanity.

But yeah, I was also going to drop Spanish, but then I promised my cousin that I'd go to Spain with her for next WYD, so I figured I better learn Spanish so that I don't feel like too much of a loner when she and my Tata can both fluently converse with the locals. I'm trying my best. :p

wendus

krawr.
HSC
if you're going to do 10 units in year 12 make sure you've really got them down pat otherwise you have no options. 11 is good, 12 is ok, beyond 12 is way too much work.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
agua.fuego said:
But yeah, I was also going to drop Spanish, but then I promised my cousin that I'd go to Spain with her for next WYD, so I figured I better learn Spanish so that I don't feel like too much of a loner when she and my Tata can both fluently converse with the locals. I'm trying my best. :p
I honestly don't think choosing a subject based on that is a good idea. You should think more along the lines of whether you're good at it, interested in it and so forth...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)