10 or 12 units ??? (1 Viewer)

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
LOL well the problem is with Japanese I haven't been bothered since Year 7 and my rankings have been : 1st in the grade, 1st in the grade, 2nd, 2nd and Year 11 3rd :p
that was me and indo continuers! i was ranked top 3 from year 8-11 but by year 11 i just cbf with it anymore...i hated going to class, i'd lost all enthusiasm to participate, i never studied at home...best decision ever to drop, i was so happy afterwards!

edit: i found from year 8-11 that i could bludge through it and still be ranked 1-3 aswell, but i still liked it. once it got to the hating stage...it was time to drop!

IMTB

HSC
Having more units is always safer since u can drop halfway. If you start with 10, u r stuck with those and if u screw up something along the way, there is no alternative.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
IMTB said:
Having more units is always safer since u can drop halfway. If you start with 10, u r stuck with those and if u screw up something along the way, there is no alternative.
Your logic is flawed. You are saying that 20 units > 10 units?

10 units is the best if you are sure about all your subjects

But if you are like equally strong in your subjects, fluctuate in each subject a lot or love all your subjects, keep more than 10 units is absolutely fine.

dp624

HSC
lyounamu said:
Your logic is flawed. You are saying that 20 units > 10 units?
it'd be ok assuming you're on top of your work.
man i wanted extension chem and phys but they went boom ages ago

histories get it, why dont sciences? lawl

joben

HSC
yea i was undecided on 10 or 12 units. but i have now decided i will only do 10 units this year ( i will drop eco). Also, i did 2 units of accelerated IPT in yr 10 and got band6. so it should be fine, cause its like a bakup. thats a grand total of 12 units (rather than 14). but i know a guy who did accelerated chem in yr11 and got 97. he then only did 8 units in yr12. he got band 6 in all 10 units!! @dp624 LOL ur doing the same subs as me!! yea! go us!

Rainie

HSC
I have a friend who has trouble deciding whether to drop or not. He's topping a lower scaling subject, but having difficulty in a higher scaling one. Is it worth dropping a lower scaling subject and putting focus and attention on the higher scaled one?

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
12 units seems to work fine with me, I was used to it in Year 11 and it's just basically the same workload but it is always a personal thing.

dp624

HSC
Rainie said:
I have a friend who has trouble deciding whether to drop or not. He's topping a lower scaling subject, but having difficulty in a higher scaling one. Is it worth dropping a lower scaling subject and putting focus and attention on the higher scaled one?
Well we probably need to know more about his situation... where he is precisely at, for example, and how much he'd like to try in the other subject.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Okay, then - definitely.
OOOO big decision. You've probably made the right one- remind me to give you a gift (free drink/tea from Wagamamahttp://www.google.com.au/url?q=http...t&cd=1&usg=AFQjCNGeBqu1_eE5uQJO3kHLY9L2giAeUw) next time i see ya :p

Rainie said:
As dp says, we need more info.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
annabackwards said:
OOOO big decision. You've probably made the right one- remind me to give you a gift (free drink/tea from Wagamama) next time i see ya :p

As dp says, we need more info.
lol, I have a problem too. Once I make a decision, free gift for me too? :p

dp624

HSC
lyounamu said:
Only if you make the right one =P but i'm sure you will

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
lyounamu said:
Sure why not! You can have both water and green tea once you make it ^^

dp624 said:
Only if you make the right one =P but i'm sure you will
With me as his adviser, how could he go wrong? :p

Rainie

HSC
Sorry guys, I should of expanded.

Well, he's ranked #1 at SDD and getting a D (the lowest cohort) for Physics. He wants to put more time in Physcis in hope to get his grade up this year. He's asking if its worthwhile to drop SDD and focus on Physics.

joben

HSC
if and only if he is REALLY willing to be committed tell him to drop SDD.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
#1 is pretty good.
Don't drop either.
In fact, I'd rather drop Physics if he's doing that bad.

dp624

HSC
Yea i'd drop phys and go HARD on the SDD

bubblesss

HSC
agree with the above posts.

drop physics and work harder on SDD.:uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)