10 Units or more for Year 12? What are you doing? (1 Viewer)

bustinjustin

HSC
So who's doing the straight 10 units or overloading? What's better - to do less units but have more time to do work, or to do more units and have a 'safety net'?

I wouldn't mind dropping down to 10 but I couldn't think of dropping any of my subjects (except for Modern History, where my teacher would kill me if I dropped it).

Doesn't it feel so weird, being so close to the HSC and all? They say year 11 is practice, but I want more practice!

HSC
well i do 12 units now, pickin up another with 4 unit maths and dropping chemo, so thats 11. I have 1 unit re as a kinda safety net kinda but i aint really gonna try in it. Catholic school makes me do it.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
I'm dropping General Maths and I'm gonna pick up History Extension. So, that'll be - Ancient History, Modern History-DE, Legal Studies, Economics, Advanced English and History Extension. Thats gonna leave me with 11 units. I think you drop the subjects which your worst, even if there vital a future in law-HA. Anyway, thats what my maths teacher said, bloody drongo. That was before I dropped down from 2unit to general though.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Do as many as possible, work out which ones your fucking up after half yearlies, then ignore them.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Someone asking for advice on how many units to do on an online forum does not know his/her subjects well enough to pick 10.

afta???

HSC
shut up coroneos
i'm doin 13 ... ... ten n u are stuck in there foreva

afta???

HSC
coroneos said:
nuh they do..

just dont pick any sciences and no 4unit maths!
n 4 unit maths is gonna be one of my best enjoyable subjects

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i'm in year 12 doing 11. I wish i had more because i'm seriously screwing up 3 of my units. So i'm saying do at least 12 if you can handle it, then you have a safety net if one of your subjects ends up stuffed.

afta???

HSC
n if u hate tests then drop ur crappy subject right b4 hsc......
better than regretting not doin a subject

Kulazzi

HSC
i was gonna do 10, so i don't have too many work but after my dep. principal's lecture, i'm keeping 12 cos she said what if there was a question that just couldn't answer, and if that happens then there goes ur UAI. So i'm keeping 12 even tho i will have 3 major works to do

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I'm taking 10 units because I know full well what I need. 2U English is obviously locked in, so is 4U maths, so is chem. That really only leaves a toss up between physics and biology... and biology wins. Still, I probably won't drop physics until the end of term one HSC.

astro

HSC
i was contemplating doing 14...but then decided it was too much - so it's 12 units for me

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
Slide Rule said:
I'm taking 10 units because I know full well what I need. 2U English is obviously locked in, so is 4U maths, so is chem. That really only leaves a toss up between physics and biology... and biology wins. Still, I probably won't drop physics until the end of term one HSC.
im in the same situation as u
will count-
4u maths
2u physics
2u Adv English
then i have to pick between chem n bio
im probdoin better in chem but im goin 2 keep bio cos i luv it n i have to do SOR1 but that is a sleep period.
that leaves me with 13units (11 completed 2u already)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Oh... yeah, I forgot SOR1. I agree with you - "sleep period".

Biology looks like it'll be awesome next year.

That's cool that you've already done 2U maths. Are you sitting the HSC for it specifically this year or what?

santaslayer

HSC
I did 14 units in prelim.

maths, english, ipt, legal, eco, business, 2u re.

Dropped ipt at the end of prelim, did 12 units in hsc, maths didn't count at the end. :p

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
withoutaface said:
Do as many as possible, work out which ones your fucking up after half yearlies, then ignore them.
Exactly lol. I'm going to do 14 if the school lets me, though it means two major works and 4 unit maths. There's no way I'd do ten, what if I fucked up one of the exams...o_O

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
There is never a general answer for whether you shoudl do 10 ormore units. It depends on so many things. Your workload, whether you like certain subjects etc etc.

Aswithoutaface said, do as many as you want and as many as they interest you, and dro them when you no longer can handle the workload or just find out that you hate it. I did 12u in yr 11, then dropped 3units , picked up 2u, then dropped 1u and now have 10u. LOL. it's been a rough ride.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)