10 Units or more for Year 12? What are you doing? (1 Viewer)

afta???

HSC
very confusing too......alot of ups and downs......in units

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
I'm doing either 12 or 13.

If 12, it's Eng Adv, EE1, EE2, Ancient, Hist Ext, Jap Cont, Jap Ext, VA.

If I can't get all the extensions I want, then 13 with Eng Adv, EE1, EE2, Ancient, Jap Cont, VA, General Maths and whichever extension (if either) I can get of History and Jap.

I have to have 12 units min., cos my mum had bad HSC experiences ('write a ballet on mitosis') and wants me to have backup.

afta???

HSC
im doin 13 too and wow ur scaling is goin to sky rocket!

im doin...maths ext2 + ext1, adv english (teachers don't even bother to tell me do standard!), ancient, history ext, economics and legal

i reckon ill drop legal but ill see

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Oh... yeah, I forgot SOR1. I agree with you - "sleep period".

Biology looks like it'll be awesome next year.

That's cool that you've already done 2U maths. Are you sitting the HSC for it specifically this year or what?
yer im sitting it now. hey slide rule we are starting 4y work now, we ar startin complext numbers cos they say it is 2 big to teach in the aloted tym slot. have uz started???

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Nah, man, your class is way ahead of mine. We've finished all of 2-unit prelim except differentiation, and in 3-unit prelim we've finished. Having said that, we're going back over some things in 3 unit because, well, people who suck at maths are doing 3-unit. It slows us down heaps. And we have 2-unit people in the 3-unit class. Pretty screwed up.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i'm doing 11. 4u english, ancient, modern, history ext and legal. i could keep drama, but i know i'm not good at it, i don't enjoy it, chances are i won't do well and frankly, i cannot take yet another year of my teacher's shit.

and bustinjustin, don't keep a subject just because your teacher will "kill" you if you don't. it's your choice, not theirs and i'm sure that they'll get over it.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Isn't that only 7 units this year, though, Glycerine, since you've already done English?

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
afta??? said:
im doin 13 too and wow ur scaling is goin to sky rocket!

im doin...maths ext2 + ext1, adv english (teachers don't even bother to tell me do standard!), ancient, history ext, economics and legal

i reckon ill drop legal but ill see
Why would it skyrocket? Is this to do with the extensions? I never know, I can't be bothered to check scaling. I notice you've also got a few extensions. I guess 4u maths is a good idea, but I'm not doing 3u, so your scaling wins. :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I am doing 10 units next yr even though i prob shld have a safety net but i hate 2unit maths 2 much to keep it. Also only getting 50-60% 4 it so pfft stuff it, dun wanna compete with 3u ppl ne way

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
glycerine said:
yes, yes it is.

*sigh* i am going to have such an easy year.
Lucky bugger.

Actually, no - smart bugger.

bustinjustin

HSC
Estel said:
Someone asking for advice on how many units to do on an online forum does not know his/her subjects well enough to pick 10.
I wasn't necessarily asking for advice Estel, just interested to see what other people's opinions were on the whole 10u/12u issue. At the end of this year, I'll end up with 11 units (I do 1U Psychology, which is prelim. only), and I'd love to pick up Ext 2 English but whether I should bother or not is more of the issue actually. I'm not going to drop anything btw. Oh, I guess I should tell you all my subs: Eng Adv + Ext, 2U Maths, Modern History, Geography, VA and Psychlogy (i know, they're so...unorthodox especially at my school, nice small niche subjects really, though it doesnt have a nice ring to it like French, Art and Modern History does...)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
jamil - haha, i'm having enough trouble passing my own ;) oh, and i'm a girl

justin - i'd pick up extension 2 anyway, you can always drop it, and i really like it

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
bustinjustin - I didn't know you did art, you didn't seem like an art person when I met you. Wow. I feel accomplished. I've learnt something new today. I therefore give myself permission not to do work for the rest of the day.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I'm doing 11, only 10 of which I'll pay notice of.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
im doing 13units...dont know might drop ext eng 2 if its too stressful as I'll have 2 major works, the other being history ext.

E

eling

*looks guiltily* have 14 atm but gonna drop down to 12 and then decide lata...not sure how to handle ext2 eng

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)