10 units risky or not (1 Viewer)

amdspotter

HSC
I do these subjects:
4u math, 2u adv eng, Phys, Chem and software.
I wanna drop software.
The situation for me in the other subjects is relatively ok i.e in 4u I did mediocre and am ranked somewhere round 10 to 15 i need to improve exam technique as in the recent test I did quite some silly mistakes even though I knew the content quite well,
for Phys I'm top 3 and for Chem I'm something round top 10

Yh imma pull these ranks up definetely Afterall we have summer holidays now . And for eng as I just did my multimodal today and think I did ok and not bad. And for software I did my test last friday so I don't have marks but yh I think I did good.

I really don't prefer software and usually just do 4u work in it and only focus near exams but then I don't wanna be spending the time in assignments for software especially after last year where I spent quite a lot of days on it and regrettably we have two such assignments this yr. Not only the assignments I generally don't prefer the software content.i wanna drop software but then yh in the back of my mind I'm worried bout the 10 units = risky thing. Tho on the other hand id rather be spending this time on Phys Chem eng and 4u subjects which I actually like. Fyi if I drop it I'll have a total of 14 free hours per fortnight.

Yh SOS for this being long but this is the dillema I'm kinda stuck in. Wut would U guys suggest

4321suomynona

HSC
Do 10 units. Basically ur worried that if you drop to 10units, all ur marks count and u think ur scrwed if you mess up in one of those subjects, However now u have 14hrs more per fortnight, which is like 7hrs a week so more than 1hr a day everyday to work on those 10 units. If you use ur time wisely to try and do practice papers in those 1hr blocks (which focuses on ur biggest weakness of silly mistakes) theoretically, ur ranks should go up in the same amount of time (which is just class time). Furthermore, now since u dont have any software assignments or exams, u can use all the hours u would spend at home to even further work on ur 10 units of study, so i dont see why its a risky issue if you are going to put more time into ur subjects. Just make sure you use your time wisely as if you see those graphs where they plot study time vs marks, the marks tend to plateu to a flat line after a certain period. Best would be to solely focus on ur weaknesses in exam technique. If you study everyday ritually, there should be no risks. U cant rlly bomb subjects like phys chem and maths as they require consistent practice and 2 units of english count to ur final hsc mark regardless. Hope this helps. :)

amdspotter

HSC
Do 10 units. Basically ur worried that if you drop to 10units, all ur marks count and u think ur scrwed if you mess up in one of those subjects, However now u have 14hrs more per fortnight, which is like 7hrs a week so more than 1hr a day everyday to work on those 10 units. If you use ur time wisely to try and do practice papers in those 1hr blocks (which focuses on ur biggest weakness of silly mistakes) theoretically, ur ranks should go up in the same amount of time (which is just class time). Furthermore, now since u dont have any software assignments or exams, u can use all the hours u would spend at home to even further work on ur 10 units of study, so i dont see why its a risky issue if you are going to put more time into ur subjects. Just make sure you use your time wisely as if you see those graphs where they plot study time vs marks, the marks tend to plateu to a flat line after a certain period. Best would be to solely focus on ur weaknesses in exam technique. If you study everyday ritually, there should be no risks. U cant rlly bomb subjects like phys chem and maths as they require consistent practice and 2 units of english count to ur final hsc mark regardless. Hope this helps. :)
Bro U don't know how much this helps. Thanks so much 🙂

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)