1000Nm of torque (1 Viewer)

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
011 said:
Recently I've been thinking more and more about critiques I've seen in reviews of the AMG 6.5L V12 engines producing 1KNm of torque, namely that it's almost too much to control, especially in a frame such as the SL roadster.

I've never understood what that sort of torque would feel like, seeing as no other companies have come anywhere near that figure. The closest I've gotten is in an RX8 at full pelt, and the experience has still stuck with me (being fluck back and forth :D ) even then being only about 220Nm of torque.

Anyone experienced a high-pulling car before? What does it feel like to you, and do you think 1000Nm is just a little too much?

On a side note, I also think there's a lot of promise in the new 6.3L V8 to be naturally aspirated in future cars from AMG.
[/IMG]

If Ms Lohan can handle a v12 bi turbo (well kinda) then you can too!

SlipStream

HSC
Brings a tear to your eye.

She doesn't deserve such a car; wouldn't surprise me if she thought it ran on diesel.

There'd be a million people out there who'd give a limb for that car.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
SlipStream said:
Brings a tear to your eye.

She doesn't deserve such a car; wouldn't surprise me if she thought it ran on diesel.

There'd be a million people out there who'd give a limb for that car.
hell, i'd give the whole lindsay lohan for that car...even in it's current sad state :eek:

SlipStream

HSC
Murf said:
lol so? that dosent mean that she dosent deserve the car, nor does it put you in any position to say so.

I hate it how people get jealous of other people, just beacuse they have expensive things and make debasing claims towards someone.
Of course I'm jealous - I'd be lying to argue otherwise. But to her the car is just a nice car, a material possession. That's why even though she just probably caused about $40k damage to it, she just laughs it off. "I'll just buy another one". To so many people it is much more than a car. Granted, I guess I was being perhaps a little too critical in saying she doesn't deserve the car, however if she was driving like, a gullwing Merc 300SL and did the same thing she did to that poor SL65 and similarly laughed it off, she definitely wouldn't deserve it.

SW0502

HSC
WHAT THE HELL are u asking to be abused?? U little shit being female has nothing to do with the fact that she smashed the car. Are u that stupid that u don't know that the biggest cause of death in males aged 18-25 is FUCKING ROAD ACCICENTS i.e driving like a maniac. So how can u say that females are sit drivers. what just because they dont speed and do stupid things like males do!?? I doubt ur even old enough to have ur liscence so u wudnt have any idea wat its like driving so why dont u just keep ur mouth shut and stop being so sexist. Cant wait till the day u start driving and go and kill urself when u smash ur car then who'll be laughing huh

tommaey

rarara
HSC
FYI ppl. Lohan did not smash her car in that set of photos. The paparazzi rammed his car into the SL65 so he could get photos of her. :)

Back to the torque conversation - Wondering what 1000Nm feels like? Well I dont know but I'm sure it's similar to 700Nm. The supercharged V8 AMGs produce 700Nm - If feels like falling down a steep water slide, but not wet, and your arse feels ever little bump on the road due to the massive weight shift to the rear wheels (not harsh tho). Its quite phenomenal to the passenger who doesn't know what to expect. This is in an E55

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
DaddyK said:
Sure she could deserve that car, but she's a female, and when you give a female a car like that, you can only expect it to be written off, funnily enough thats just what she did.
What qualifies you to make such a comment, really how long have you been driving? Not all girls are the same and not all are bad drivers, like guys some are good and some are not! I find it really offensive that a little punk like you who hardly as any driving experience thinks that they are a great judge of driving ability. I personally believe that girls can often be safer drivers, not because of ability so much but the fact that they generally are more careful.

Before you make such a gross accusation let me remind you that the insurance excess for young males is a lot more that girls...

I'm sure you'll get a girl with that attitude :rolleyes:

tommaey

rarara
HSC
Please realise that figures put out by nrma saying girls are safer drivers blah blah blah because they have the least accidents on the road. That means jack. I don't know the last time driving skill and ability was measured by accidents. They have LESS accidents because they don't do stupid things on the road like guys do, and they will always do because they are guys. But isn't it a known fact that the male brain has better mechanical ability and spacial awareness? Thats pretty much what you need to be a good driver... Being stupid at the same time just confuses the figures :p

I do believe that there are good female drvers out there (even P platers) because I have driven with some. However I can't count the amount of close calls I've had due to a female P plater being so "careful" that they're up with the fairies...

SW0502

HSC
I too belive there are some good male drivers out there even P platers but i can also say iv lost count of how many close calls iv had with stupid male p plater drivers not being "careful" at all

koukla

executive member... SMRT
HSC
DaddyK said:
Sure she could deserve that car, but she's a female, and when you give a female a car like that, you can only expect it to be written off, funnily enough thats just what she did.
honestly how old are you to make that comment? very immature, next we will see a post from you saying girls have cooties

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
tommaey said:
Please realise that figures put out by nrma saying girls are safer drivers blah blah blah because they have the least accidents on the road. That means jack. I don't know the last time driving skill and ability was measured by accidents. They have LESS accidents because they don't do stupid things on the road like guys do, and they will always do because they are guys. But isn't it a known fact that the male brain has better mechanical ability and spacial awareness? Thats pretty much what you need to be a good driver... Being stupid at the same time just confuses the figures :p

I do believe that there are good female drvers out there (even P platers) because I have driven with some. However I can't count the amount of close calls I've had due to a female P plater being so "careful" that they're up with the fairies...
yeh, i know numerous girl P-platers, and most are good, but they seem wary of driving.

whilst males on the other hand (even if good) seem to be more relaxed. I'm supposedly regarded as 'safe' (lmao) but have still had an accident...of course, it was another stupid P-plater male :p

anyways...some male P-platers are fucking shocking, and some female P-platers are shocking too (though why does there seem to be a common mobile-phone-in-hand with females??)

meh...both sexes have their weaker points

i seriously think daddyK should think before posting stuff like he has in here (no offence to him, but it was wrong...and ppl will start hating you and disregarding what you say)

BeastieBoy

HSC
SW0502 said:
WHAT THE HELL are u asking to be abused?? U little shit being female has nothing to do with the fact that she smashed the car. Are u that stupid that u don't know that the biggest cause of death in males aged 18-25 is FUCKING ROAD ACCICENTS i.e driving like a maniac. So how can u say that females are sit drivers. what just because they dont speed and do stupid things like males do!?? I doubt ur even old enough to have ur liscence so u wudnt have any idea wat its like driving so why dont u just keep ur mouth shut and stop being so sexist. Cant wait till the day u start driving and go and kill urself when u smash ur car then who'll be laughing huh
the thing is a higher percentage of guys take an interest in cars then girls do. in some cases this information can be VERY important. everyone should be taught the differences between awd, rwd and fwd. everyone should know if there car has abs, what speed it is effective from, and in what conditions it doesn't work. everyone should know not to use cruise control on slipper surfaces. everyone should know the best way to manouver around an unexpected obstacle.

in normal conditions girls drive just as well, but unfortunately they don't have the experience of some hoons or car freaks at the cars limits.

now for my opinion: on average i believe guys are more skilled drivers, but this is irrelevant as they over judge their ability by so much.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
i think a nice 'round' figure of about 550nm is good

nice...lol, enough

SlipStream

HSC
braad said:
i think a nice 'round' figure of about 550nm is good

nice...lol, enough
Depends on how much weight you're lugging around. In that case, I reckon 330Nm/tonne comes close to perfect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)