Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Hi, thanks for all your replies.

I've got morning periods too, I have Extension 1 English on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, and Extension 2 English on Friday morning. They aren't that bad... I would just waste the time in the mornings anyway.

I have 3 forty minute long free periods a week, which I usually idle away.... one is last so I get to go home early......and watch passions lol!!

GJ_JOE

blood brother
the male school vice captain (when i was in HS last year) did 13 units...he decided to do year 12 again this year..

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Why, did he really stuff up, or just wasn't happy with his mark? It would be hard to be captain/vice and do thirteen units......... I'm only a prefect so I don't really have many duties........

GJ_JOE

blood brother
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Why, did he really stuff up, or just wasn't happy with his mark? It would be hard to be captain/vice and do thirteen units......... I'm only a prefect so I don't really have many duties........
he wasn't too bright to start off with (his UAI was in the 60s) and doing 13units wasn't going to help him in any way....
interesting note: he and the male captain had the principals rigged the votes in their favour (and we know cuz they admitted it)...so maybe this came back to bite him in the arse...

Originally posted by kini mini

Diminishing returns occur after a point I find. How many do you have?
i think guessing by the answer, yr12 had about 10/11 units, i had 12 -lucky no. for me

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm thinking about dropping extension maths perhaps, it's not as if I can't do it, or am struggling with it or anything, it's just the time factor more than anything else.......

Do you think it would be more worthwhile to drop Biology though because it doesn't scale as well???? It's so easy.......

mazz

hey look! ????
hmm so strange... how come with pretty much every school if you do ext 1 maths or english its a morning or after school class... i dont do either but at my school its slotted into the weekly timetable... i guess thats cause we have 4 periods a aday so we cover our time in less periods or something... also because in year 10 when our lines were drawn yp for yr 11 choices there was one column which had the extension subjects, tafe and billy blue and whitehouse courses and like photography or soemthing which was a bitch and everyone complained cause if u wanted to do ext maths u couldnt do ext english or a tafe thing and so on... so strange how different schools work it out differently... i guess that explains how someone in here does 13 units yet still has frees while if someone does 12 at my school they have no frees

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by mazz
hmm so strange... how come with pretty much every school if you do ext 1 maths or english its a morning or after school class
Our ext1 subjects were in the timetable, it was only the ext2 subjects that were outside ...

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
Originally posted by McLake
Our ext1 subjects were in the timetable, it was only the ext2 subjects that were outside ...
what school was that mclake? coz our school ext subjects were either morning or arvo, except ext. history

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by tammer

what school was that mclake? coz our school ext subjects were either morning or arvo, except ext. history
Caringbah Selective High School

malayz_angel

In my school Ext 1 is on the timetable and ppl can do both english and maths because they run on different lines. I do 13 units and I'm perfectly happy. I have History Ext on Tuesday afternoons (which is an early finish day anyway) and English Ext2 every fortnight Thursday arvo. I also have 4 free periods per fortnight so everything worked out okay for me :) Don't just drop bio because you find it easy.. it may be what pushes your mark up in the end....

inasero

Reborn
HSC
ha I'm doing 14 units (no pathways. no acceleration) and I'm handling it Okay, I'm currently in the top ten percent of all my subjects cept for english.......think about it, it's only 2 units extra of work than the average....

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Originally posted by inasero
ha I'm doing 14 units (no pathways. no acceleration) and I'm handling it Okay, I'm currently in the top ten percent of all my subjects cept for english.......think about it, it's only 2 units extra of work than the average....
Wilson... not everyone studies 6 hours a night like you do. Hell, i barely do one hour.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
wasnt there a ruse guy that did like 25 units and got 100, including philosophy and cosmology:eek: ?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
wasnt there a ruse guy that did like 25 units and got 100, including philosophy and cosmology:eek: ?
Yeah, Lit Hau Tan
apparently he was the Dux of the state, if there was ever such a thing...
the thread about this is somewhere...
but he got a Band 6 in everything he did except cosmology or philiosphy..cant remember...
English Advanced
English Ext.1
English Ext.2
Maths Ext1
Maths Ext2
Physics
Chem
Economics
Computing Studies 3U (in 2000)
Agriculture 3U (in 2000)
Cosmology and Philosophy

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Originally posted by MinAi

Yeah, Lit Hau Tan
apparently he was the Dux of the state, if there was ever such a thing...
the thread about this is somewhere...
but he got a Band 6 in everything he did except cosmology or philiosphy..cant remember...
English Advanced
English Ext.1
English Ext.2
Maths Ext1
Maths Ext2
Physics
Chem
Economics
Computing Studies 3U (in 2000)
Agriculture 3U (in 2000)
Cosmology and Philosophy
Holy Hell.... Must have an IQ of +180

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
for us, extensions are all morning classes if u do 3U - but if you do 4U they are scheduled into the timetable...
so i have 2 morning classes a week (ext 1 eng) and then i have a free nearly every day.. (i do 11 units)
oh and every 2nd wednesday we have "focus day" where tehre are no scheduled classes... 75% of them you have something on though... like assesments or excursions... but most of the time they only go for part of the day, so you get the rest of the day to "focus"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)