14,000 people dead??? tidal wave (1 Viewer)

HSC
wtf just heard this shit on the news 14,000 people dead in asia because of a tidal wave or an earthquake...

though, i predict this still won't be enough for Bush the ratify the kyoto protocal or take any advice from professionals.

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
this tsunami was generated from an earthquake, had nothing to do with da kyoto protocol...

HSC
im not saying this had anything to do with the kyoto protocal....but it's a great example of the things that can happen if something is not done about global warming

K

katie_tully

Had nothing to do with Global Warming.
Tectonic plates under the ocean floor shifted a few metres causing tsunamis. It was the aftershocks that caused the most damage.
They've been happening for...oh, a few hundred million years now.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Already a topic on this event btw...do a search b4 hand...

Anyway, Yeah, This had nothing to do with Global warming. It was a Tsunami triggered by an earthquake in the sea floor. Global warming does not affect tetonic plates.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
global warming = rising temperature.

plate tectonics have been causing tsunamis and earthquakes ever since the earth was formed ... its part of the earth geology.

btw ... did anyone watch the news at 4:30 on 7 ... the stupid presenter asked if it was unusual for the tsunami to hit places away from the epicentre ... what a dipshit! i think he needs to go back to high school and do some ees!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Deus said:
Anyway, Yeah, This had nothing to do with Global warming. It was a Tsunami triggered by an earthquake in the sea floor. Global warming does not affect tetonic plates.
Actually its the other way around - plate tectnoics affect the temperature.

K

katie_tully

Cape said:
global warming = rising temperature.

plate tectonics have been causing tsunamis and earthquakes ever since the earth was formed ... its part of the earth geology.

btw ... did anyone watch the news at 4:30 on 7 ... the stupid presenter asked if it was unusual for the tsunami to hit places away from the epicentre ... what a dipshit! i think he needs to go back to high school and do some ees!
He wasn't the only one. The guy filling in for John Laws was talking about it, and I felt like beating him over the head.
After he stuffed the tsunami report up, he went on to ask if it's true that sharks prefer the taste of dog, over human...

K

katie_tully

Cape said:
Actually its the other way around - plate tectnoics affect the temperature.
No.
Global warming causes the polar ice caps to melt, therefore increasing the sea levels, therefore diminishing coast lines and killing fish. Fish are delicate and can't handle water temperatures rising or decreasing by more than 1-2 degrees.

Tectonic plates are moved by molten lava in the centre of the earth. They move a few cm-inches every year. It;s only when they move a long distance instantly that they cause earth quakes.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I know that ... i have done ees.

Its the supercycle that causes a change in temperature. The amount of carbon that is released into the atmosphere from the tectonics with increase the temperature.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Earthquakes and tsunamis won't be affected in the slightest by the kyoto protocol. Comparing the events in the indian ocean with signing the kyoto protocol is a dubious argument at best.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I think that hiphophorray123 was suggesting that if we don't sign the kyoto agreement and ocean levels were to rise - these countries affected by the tsunami are demonstrating the power of the forces of the earth.

correct me if i'm wrong hiphophorray123.

HSC
^^^^^ yes, professionals have been telling us for so long that devastating events with results similar to this could happen if action is not taken.....this is an extreme warning

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
But.... the simple rising of sea levels, does not have the same affect as a 10m high wall of water travelling at 500km/h

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
It does ... sea levels rising - these countries will be left underwater - most notable countries like the maldives.

And the effect of a country being submerged underwater is going to be more dangerous and a tsunami.

tattoodguy

i would like it.............................it would be coool to go body boarding...

and along the way you can pick up other ppples stufff.

i saw dudes riding on top of buses etc................it looked good to me..........and also............u could go fishing........offf ur rooof..............

btw my condolences to the deceased and others affected.

tattoodguy

is that true?

that would be sick.....sharks are coool.................everyone is looking at the negative side...........

why cant ppple loook at the bright side of it alll????????

you ppple are so pessimistic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)