14 Units - What Subject/s To Drop? (1 Viewer)

bbella

HSC
Hi, I'm currently doing 14 units and whilst it may be possible to complete the HSC with this many, it would be rather ridiculous to waste time and effort on the extra 4 units. I'm currently taking:

-Mathematics, Ext 1 & Ext 2 Maths
-Advanced English, Ext 1 & Ext 2 English (Yes, 4U of maths and english.. i know!)
-Economics
-Japanese continuers
-Geography

I'm ranked in the top 6 of all of these subjects & came 1st in prelim ext 1 english & Japanese, 2nd in Eco, 3rd in ext maths and Adv English, 4th in Geo, and 6th in adv maths (maths would usually be higher, however one test screwup lowered my grade!)
I feel as though I should drop Japanese bc while i'm ranked first in my school there are only 5 people in my class and not sure how that subject scales- plus it is a lot of effort for only 2U that may not even be counted..
Also I will most likely not continue with 4U maths and instead just do 3 units of it- which would bring me down to 11 units?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks :)

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
If I was in your position, I would drop Geography.

Just because personally, I love Economics & Japanese, and I feel like Geography in comparison isn't as fun and challenging IMO. And you're obviously doing well in your other subjects, which has better scaling (I believe), which you can take advantage of :)

wu345

HSC
I don't think you should do double 4 unit - both extension IIs require a lot of work, you might end up not having time for your other subjects. Eg. Maths Extension I and II are probably already going to take 2-3 hours a day on homework alone. However, i guess if you are really passionate and manage your time extremely well you could pull it off. Dropping geography might work - the people who do it in my school dont like it, despite having a passion for the subject in the previous years. Languages usually scale well so I don't think you should be concerned too much about the scaling of Japanese, especially when you are doing so well

Silly Sausage

HSC
Drop geography, there's a lot of content and additional skills and it doesn't scale as well compared to the your other subjects.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I'd say drop Geo for now.
Throughout next year, especially in the lead up or after getting your results for trials, you can evaluate and see if any of the Extensions, Jap or Eco are taking up too much time and not giving you the ranks/marks that the rest of your subjects are, and drop then if you want, or just take 12 units into HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)