15 units, What subject/s should i drop? (1 Viewer)

future-doctor

HSC
Try and drop SOR1 if you can, I believe you can complain to the BOS if your school won't let you. And maybe drop bio.

Well i can drop SOR1 to catholic studies which doesn't count towards your ATAR. But why drop when i will just put the same effort in which is 0-1% and still get roughly 95%-100% haha. Actually i did plan to drop it after prelims, except teacher pretty much begged me to stay and his always pulling me aside when it comes near to RE assessments/exams to give me pep talks, expecting me to get 100% haha. Amazing how a teacher can be so into the subject SOR1.

ilikebeeef

HSC
Well i can drop SOR1 to catholic studies which doesn't count towards your ATAR. But why drop when i will just put the same effort in which is 0-1% and still get roughly 95%-100% haha. Actually i did plan to drop it after prelims, except teacher pretty much begged me to stay and his always pulling me aside when it comes near to RE assessments/exams to give me pep talks, expecting me to get 100% haha. Amazing how a teacher can be so into the subject SOR1.
Then it's really up to you now. Consider what you're best at and what you like the most.

Kalium_19

HSC
Why don't you just sit down and think about the subjects you 'really need' for your future and the university course you want.
Doing courses you a good at will probably increase your ATAR but I would drop the courses you don't need and really focus on the courses I do need to make sure I achieve my best in them. If you applied to a complete a particular degree I doubt that they would even care as to what you got in particular subjects, only for the ones necessary in their course.

ilikebeeef

HSC
Why don't you just sit down and think about the subjects you 'really need' for your future and the university course you want.
Doing courses you a good at will probably increase your ATAR but I would drop the courses you don't need and really focus on the courses I do need to make sure I achieve my best in them. If you applied to a complete a particular degree I doubt that they would even care as to what you got in particular subjects, only for the ones necessary in their course.
But he needs super-high ATAR lol.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
That's exactly what my Legal Studies teacher did to me.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
That's very nice and all, but if he needs 99 ATAR this advice doesn't apply, I think. It applies in general, like for those aiming 60-85, but post 85+ I think you really have to consider the best way to get that - and the scaling debate comes in.

Besides, there are no prerequisites to most if not all University courses now - and if there are, bridging courses can be used.

If you love the low scaling subjects, good for you - but if you expect to get 99 ATAR with them, it's possible but don't bet on it.

ValentinesM

HSC
do what you enjoy the most and what you're best at. think about and compare how much effort you've been putting into each of your subjects and the marks you got in return.
good luck!!!

kyokaku92

HSC
I envy your position doing 15 units with ease. But tbh that is a ridiculous amount of units to be doing when 10 is only required. I would recommend dropping one of the sciences as a start since all your subjects except religion (I assume you go to a Catholic school) are great/scales well/balanced. I was in your position at the end of year 11 and decided to drop 3U maths when I'm getting crap marks and is taking too much time plus pulling my other subjects down. Now that I do 2U I can focus on the others and I've had a great start to year 12 in term 4. I reckon you'll only need 12 units at maximum :party:

future-doctor

HSC
Yeh thanks for the advice guys! Just need to think it through, maybe talk to the curriculum/subject coordinator. I'm aiming at possibly 12 or 13 units, so a 2 unit subject and possibly a 1 unit (maybe extension something).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)