$1million dollars for solving one of these maths questions (1 Viewer)

K

khorne

Should actually be "1 million for proving..."..these aren't your everyday maths problems.

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
I have discovered a truely remarkable proof of the Riemann hypothesis which this post is to small to contain!!!

K

khorne

Do I get like...6 million if I solve them all at the same time or will they cheap out and only give me 1 million? And does proof by inspection count?

maths-bbqz

HSC
I have discovered a truely remarkable proof of the Riemann hypothesis which this post is to small to contain!!!
Rofl...
Am i the only one who gets this...?

Do I get like...6 million if I solve them all at the same time or will they cheap out and only give me 1 million? And does proof by inspection count?
Yes, they will give 6 million and yes, proof by inspection is valid as long as it is adequately justified
hehe :p

cp3

HSC
Rofl...
Am i the only one who gets this...?

I get it, not sure about the others though, i may be the "LAST" Cough*.

Last edited:

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Yang-Mills theory looks interesting, but seriously proving stuff like that deserves a noble prize or something on top of a million dollars..

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
Yang-Mills theory looks interesting, but seriously proving stuff like that deserves a noble prize or something on top of a million dollars..
Actually one of the leading mathematics in the world said that out of all the millennium prize problems, yang-mills theory is probably the hardest!

But anyone who is under 40 would get the fields medal (which is the nobel prize in mathematics) if they did solve one of the problems. In fact, Perelman solved Poincaré conjecture and was awarded the fields medal, but declined it and didnt want a million dollars!!!

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Actually one of the leading mathematics in the world said that out of all the millennium prize problems, yang-mills theory is probably the hardest!

But anyone who is under 40 would get the fields medal (which is the nobel prize in mathematics) if they did solve one of the problems. In fact, Perelman solved Poincaré conjecture and was awarded the fields medal, but declined it and didnt want a million dollars!!!
he quit mathematics too lol

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
its such a shame really. he reminds me of feynman

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)