• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

1st Yr B Eco - Suggestions for 4th Subject? (1 Viewer)

tempco

HSC
I'm currently enrolled in QMA, Microeconomics, Accounting/Financial Management and Fundamentals of Management. I'm starting to have doubts on whether or not it was a good choice to enrol in Fundamentals of Management... I was kinda worried at the relatively low numbers of people in my lecture. I plan on majoring in Econometrics, and I'm trying to decide between these four choices:

MGMT1001 - Fundamentals of Management
FINS1612 - Capital Markets and Institutions
MGMT1712 - Management of Organisations
MGMT1101 - Global Business Environment

Ideas anyone?

Acid

HSC
I'm doing FINS1612... MGMT courses are stupid IMO - no one will hire you as a manager off the bat so if you're going to have to work through an organisation's ranks anyway, what's the point of having completely theoretical management knowledge with your degree?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
If you're majoring in Econometrics, i'd say to FINS1612 as it'd be more valuable to your major than the MGMT courses

tempco

HSC
Righty, thanks for the input.

EDIT: Bah god damn it, only class available is on Tuesdays 6-8PM... are FINS1612 classes that packed >_<.. could someone post up the other 2 classes (time and day)?

EDIT2: dw, got the class times... btw, when a lecture is stated as full, is it permanently full or is there a chance of a space popping up?

Last edited:

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
although you are not suppose to do this but bah everyone does it
you just enroll yourself in the night stream and show up at the morning class :)

btw i'm in 1612 and it is PACKED! if you want a seat be there early

also enrolling now, you might not find a good tutorial time slot since most are already full

tempco

HSC
Yeh hehe I'll probably do that.. if you lose your seat, dont come hunting for me ;)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I might add that you might get kicked out if you don't find a seat (something about a fire hazard), but your lecturer might not care

Sumthing

TIME TO KICK YOUR ASS!
HSC
Im currently enrolled in MGMT1001, for first session and by the looks of it its quite shitty, i dont think its the right course for me. I'm doing a BEc and hoping to major in Finance and most likely Financial Economics, if thats even possible...
So i was wondering will i be able to switch to a Finance Major instead from MGMT and if so what do i need to enroll for? for first & second session.

Can i sell my books back to the UNSW Bookshop coz its still in its plastic, or must i do it from the 2nd hand bookshop?

Thank You...

tempco

HSC
According to a friend, if your books are still wrapped in the original plastic, a refund is possible (not 100% on that)... but if youve taken them out of the plastic, you can't refund your books (im 100% sure of that)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)