1st yr UWS combined law -> 2nd yr Macq Uni (Credit for Previous Studies)? (1 Viewer)

BringSexyBack

HSC
N/A
Hi law students at Macquarie Uni,

I did a year at UWS B.Business/B.Laws and now has accepted my offer to do B.Commerce/B.Laws at Macq Uni.

I was just wondering whether those first year units at UWS can be accepted at Macq, so I don't have to do it again. Is there any law units that ex-UWS law student need to do? Or we are qualified for exemptions and only need to do 2nd year Macq units.

At UWS, I did:

Law Units:
- Introduction to Law
- Torts Law
- Foundations to Law
- Criminal Law

Business Units:
- Business Academic Skills
- Accounting Infomation for Managers
- Economics Principles
- Marketing Principles

Snooty

HSC
You should get exemptions for all four first year law units you did at UWS. I did at the beginning of last year, and went straight into Contracts and Law, Lawyers and Society for first semester. Havn't got a clue about business though.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC

I did a year at UWS B.Business/B.Laws and now has accepted my offer to do B.Commerce/B.Laws at Macq Uni.

I was just wondering whether those first year units at UWS can be accepted at Macq, so I don't have to do it again. Is there any law units that ex-UWS law student need to do? Or we are qualified for exemptions and only need to do 2nd year Macq units.

At UWS, I did:

Law Units:
- Introduction to Law
- Torts Law
- Foundations to Law
- Criminal Law

Business Units:
- Economics Principles
- Marketing Principles
You'll get credit for most of it, you might have to do crim again because they do crim procedure with crim. Business I am nor sure about.

ameher

HSC
For Business units you've done u shud get exemptions for:
Marketing- MKTG101 (Marketing fundamentals) @ macquarie
Economic Principles- at macq we do macro and micro separate in first, so its possible u cud get exemptions for both.
Accounting informaiton for managers- ACCG100 (Accounting 1A) @ macquarie
oh and theres no subject @ macquarie related to business academic skills.

sean1990

HSC
hey I am in the same boat.

I did the same units u did and am transfering to macq.

Would be good to keep in contact i pm'd u .

I'll be happy if i get 5/8 units i did recognised... as Business Academic Skills is not taught at any other uni in NSW....

as to the person above, thank christ macq doesn't do business academic skills, terrible unit, pointless, marked very harshly, incredibly SHIT subject....

melsc

Premium Member
HSC

At UWS, I did:

Law Units:
- Introduction to Law
- Torts Law
- Foundations to Law
- Criminal Law

Business Units:
- Economics Principles
- Marketing Principles

Law Units:
- Introduction to Law = MQ foundations of law
- Torts Law - is the same
- Foundations to Law = MQ jurisprudence
- Criminal Law - Criminal law and procedure (you may have to pick up something as you wont have done the crim procedure part)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)