1yr (combined Prelim+HSC) at TAFE (1 Viewer)

midnightmint

HSC
N/A
Hi

I'd like to do the 1 yr (combined prelim + HSC) course at Randwick or Ultimo TAFE this year.

I've seen a few people "warn" others that this should only be attempted by people who have already attempted their HSC or at least done Yr 11 at school.

Is this really true? If that's the case, why wouldn't TAFE make that the prerequisite/entry requirement?

I'm happy to do 38-40 hrs a week in class, + homework in the evenings. Is that enough time??

Admittedly I dropped out LONG before my school cert (end of yr 8), but having said that, I was a very "Advanced" student at the time.. and I still do very well in tertiary courses, and am told by university graduates that I am a very smart girl with a lot of potential.. (not to blow my own horn) - I guess what I'm saying is that I think I can handle more than a teenager.. though of course I do not want to jump completely into the deep end..

Has anyone successfully completed the 1yr course, without previously having done any yr 11 or 12?

If I was still a teenager, or even in my early twenties, I would do the 2 yr HSC... however at my age, I want to get into uni ASAP. I know the 2 yr option is better, but in reality, there is no way that I am spending two years doing this, at my age...

Vespers

HSC
i think only you can know if you're equipped to handle it. chances are, you are more capable than the average teenager. perhaps you should obtain some hsc resources now and start learning the material on your own, see how you go.

given your age, i think you'd be eligible for a limited uai. you should check to see if your chosen university will accept it as a means of entry into the degree you wish to pursue. it would allow you to take on fewer units.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I didn't do your one year course, but another one year course called the TPC. I left school at the beginning of year 10. I handled it well, but be prepared to devote yourself to it. TAFE will have facilities such as counselling and tutorials available; be sure to utilize these.

midnightmint

HSC
N/A
Just to update..

Randwick and Ultimo TAFE coordinators do not offer/allow full HSC to be done in 1yr (if the student hasnt already studied or attempted some HSC before).

I have enrolled in TPC at Randwick (full time, 1 yr) and am also doing Companion Animal Services at Ultimo (1 day p/wk, 1 yr).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)